Aston Villa

Ronaldo

I obviously don't understand the business side of running a football club, but 4-5 million doesn't seem a lot? Can't they just sell one of their half decent players like Kodjia, Grealish or Adomah, make it back to stabilise finances before looking for a buyer? Doesn't seem like dire straits to me...

4-5 million per month us huge!

Oh right, I've misunderstood I think. So they're losing 4-5 million per month rather than just owing 4-5 million in a one off payment. Aye, that's a different picture all together if so.

But I would not want a situation where English football has become a monopoly where only a select 3 or four teams are capable of achieving the title due to financial might and another 2 or 3 always get the euro spots with smaller clubs like Burnley seeing their dreams of European football becoming a mere pipe dream.

The reason why EPL is considered the best in the is not necessarily because its team are the best. Spain clearly has the best teams around you just need to look at their dominance of European Trophies since 2014 to see that.

It’s how competitive the league is that is the big appeal. Dreams do come through in the EPL. A Leicster can win the league, a Burnley can qualify for Europe. Very slim chance of something similar happening to a small club in Spain.

If you make the rich richer you run the risk only they can afford quality players and in the long run the competitiveness of the premier leagues that makes it the best in the world is under threat.

I don't think that would necessarily be the case, the money is predominantly just going into player's and agent's pockets, it's resulting in a lot of very average players on massive wages. On the whole I don't think a shift in funding would result in a huge loss in quality below the top six.

I obviously don't understand the business side of running a football club, but 4-5 million doesn't seem a lot? Can't they just sell one of their half decent players like Kodjia, Grealish or Adomah, make it back to stabilise finances before looking for a buyer? Doesn't seem like dire straits to me...

4-5 million per month us huge!

Oh right, I've misunderstood I think. So they're losing 4-5 million per month rather than just owing 4-5 million in a one off payment. Aye, that's a different picture all together if so.

Aye, even selling Grealish for 30mil keeps them afloat for 6 months max. What a crying shame :lol:

yeah-karma-bitch.jpg

It's nearly a decade later and I still have no idea why they celebrated us going down like they had won a trophy that day. I could understand a few derisory songs, but they had banners in the ground revelling in our misery ffs, as though we were a bitter rival. So utterly bizarre and really pathetic. Just remembering their smug celebrations at full time means I'll never have sympathy for them, even if we'll probably follow their footsteps under Ashley when Rafa eventually leaves.

Mmhmm, will never take pleasure in any club going under tbh, regardless of who it is. Every single club in existence, with the exception of MK Dons and the likes, are an inherent part of the football fabric and should be safeguarded. For an institution like an historical football club - with an enormous fanbase and serious cultural significance - to be dismantled to the point of liquidation, due to the whims of a few absent individuals, is basically a crime imo.

:thup:

For both the Village of the damned & these shithouses to both collapse in spectacular fashion in the same calendar year is a most wonderful thing.

I`m having none of this "Its never nice when a club goes under" bollocks neither, wankers the lot of them

Guest firetotheworks

It's canny mad how many will happily tarnish all Villa fans with the brush of those few sad cunts at Villa Park that day, but would be the first to cry foul when other club's fans, the media etc talk shite about us being deluded Geordies who think we demand Champion's League football because of a few absolute knackers in our own support.

I'm all for rivalries and taking the piss, but clubs going out of existence is absolutely shit unless as Yorkie says it's MK Dons.

Like any other fans or clubs wouldn't find it hilarious if we were ever on the brink.

People lost their shit when went down in 2009 and had a good old chuckle last time round.

I really cant see Villa going out of business. 

Far be me it for me to generalise :whistle: but.....I have the vast majority of their fan base down as bell ends & I`m more than happy with the outcome thank you.

There are clubs we have a soft spot for & those who we just fucking cant abide.

Thankfully The Mackems & Vile are my top 2 favourite wankers.

I feel for ordinary Villa fans, even ones that sang the odd song at full time when we went down. I wouldn't wish bad ownership and mismanagement on any fans.

That said, the twat (singular I believe) who made the banners, and any other "bantz" obsessed idiots who thought it was a good idea to wave them in our faces can have their noses rubbed in it as much as anyone likes. What goes around comes around.

It's canny mad how many will happily tarnish all Villa fans with the brush of those few sad cunts at Villa Park that day, but would be the first to cry foul when other club's fans, the media etc talk shite about us being deluded Geordies who think we demand Champion's League football because of a few absolute knackers in our own support.

I'm all for rivalries and taking the piss, but clubs going out of existence is absolutely shit unless as Yorkie says it's MK Dons.

It's the conformity effect. I bet those people couldn't care less outside of this messageboard.

We got our own back on them by thrashing them 6-0 and witnessing their own decline that's worse than ours.

So daft to treat this issue between us and them as more than a one-off issue.

We can always remind them and laugh that we eventually had the last laugh, but anything more than that is quite irrelevant now.

There were a lot of knackers that day, some of them unbelievably went to the lengths of pre-preparing bed sheet banners. The vast majority  of their fans partied like they'd  won something that day and again at the end of our last relegation season. No sympathy  from me.

Personally never really liked them, didn't really get much worse for me when they rejoiced at our demise. I kind of understood a small aspect of it. Funny as hell to see them in financial trouble, as much as we like to make fun of the Mackems and their attendances, these guys are just as bad, considering the population of the city they are located in and they are still very much the biggest name.

Too much is made though of clubs going into administration and it being a sad day for the fans, for biggish clubs, it nearly always means a fresh start and things improve. Southampton, Leeds, Palace and Middlesboro all rose again from the ashes, obviously some teams like Leeds haven't risen back to where they were, but they are still very much alive. Villa will not die, neither would we have in 1992 had we gone down to the third division by the way, there would always have been a Newcastle United as there will be an Aston Villa.

Personally never really liked them, didn't really get much worse for me when they rejoiced at our demise. I kind of understood a small aspect of it. Funny as hell to see them in financial trouble, as much as we like to make fun of the Mackems and their attendances, these guys are just as bad, considering the population of the city they are located in and they are still very much the biggest name.

Too much is made though of clubs going into administration and it being a sad day for the fans, for biggish clubs, it nearly always means a fresh start and things improve. Southampton, Leeds, Palace and Middlesboro all rose again from the ashes, obviously some teams like Leeds haven't risen back to where they were, but they are still very much alive. Villa will not die, neither would we have in 1992 had we gone down to the third division by the way, there would always have been a Newcastle United as there will be an Aston Villa.

Agree with a lot of this. There are thousands of people who support teams outside of the premiership/championship, and I'm sure they love those teams as much as villa fans do.

Don't particularly care if they go in to admin and end up in the 3rd tier, they'll still exist and the supporters can still support.

Have no ill feeling towards them and I’m genuinely disappointed at what their club has become. 

2009 will probably forever leave a sour taste in my mouth.

I think your perspective as a fan shifts when you’ve been through what we are going through and what Villa are now facing.  Villa fans that day had never experienced such gross levels of mismanagement and it was all banter.

Have no ill feeling towards them and I’m genuinely disappointed at what their club has become. 

I think your perspective as a fan shifts when you’ve been through what we are going through and what Villa are now facing.  Villa fans that day had never experienced such gross levels of mismanagement and it was all banter.

That just isn't true, and I say that as someone who was in the Holte End that day. Men my age and older who had lived through the Harry Kartz era in the 80s were at it, vitriolic in their abuse. They were genuinely ecstatic at our demise. Some of it was banter, most of it wasn't

That just isn't true, and I say that as someone who was in the Holte End that day. Men my age and older who had lived through the Harry Kartz era in the 80s were at it, vitriolic in their abuse. They were genuinely ecstatic at our demise. Some of it was banter, most of it wasn't

Aye, they were in large utter wankers all day - pre - during and post match which resulted in several scuffles - detested the pricks since!