Steven Taylor

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6926625,00.html?

"I've worked hard with Steven to make sure that next year he's ready to put in a season that his potential three to four years ago was suggesting.

"I think he can."

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

if this mug, starts this mug in centre defence next season, i will cry myself to sleep every fucking night

Taylor is a decent player whose problem has always been that he's not great which I think here at Newcastle you need to be to be considered good enough from a good majority of fans. I reckon he's better suited to right-back though and would personally play him there because he's athletic, good going forward, strong and defensively OK. I like Simpson but he's decidedly average going forward and backs off far too much when defending.

:nope: Everton (h), nuff said.

Exactly. Never let this idiotic myth that he's a good Rab resurface. He's less convincing that Osama's defence lawyer.

Taylor is a decent player whose problem has always been that he's not great which I think here at Newcastle you need to be to be considered good enough from a good majority of fans. I reckon he's better suited to right-back though and would personally play him there because he's athletic, good going forward, strong and defensively OK. I like Simpson but he's decidedly average going forward and backs off far too much when defending.

:nope: Everton (h), nuff said.

Lack of match fitness and trying to hard to support the attacking play

After Everton at home, I'd rather never see him play at RB again.

I could see this happening. We're missing a trick if we don't invest at centre-back this summer. Taylor wasn't good enough years ago - i wish we'd just fucking sell him whilst he's still got some value.

I could see this happening. We're missing a trick if we don't invest at centre-back this summer. Taylor wasn't good enough years ago - i wish we'd just fucking sell him whilst he's still got some value.

Agreed. But we won't. He's on one of those wonderful five-year contracts.

A deal like that is as mouth-watering as it is unrealistic. But i'd honestly let Taylor go for just about peanuts, before he becomes the Shola of our backline. Always there, holding us back.

A deal like that is as mouth-watering as it is unrealistic. But i'd honestly let Taylor go for just about peanuts, before he becomes the Shola of our backline. Always there, holding us back.

How unrealistic? Taylor + £5m would be a good deal for them.

we dont need samba, pardew is going to help taylor acheive his potential, that he's been displaying for 5 years and never progressed to. the lad's a fucking numbnut man, he'll never be a fully competent centre half in this league, never, he simply hasnt got the brains

He may go for first team football, he knows Colo & Willi are both ahead of him as 1st choice and us looking at another CB aNd wanting to use him as part of the deal would surely be a massive FUCK OFF.