Steven Taylor

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

18 minutes ago, Likelylad said:

I always thought that scrapping incident stemmed from Souness.

The vibe across the club really changed once he replaced Robson and that game really epitomised it. 

But we needed an authoritarian in to get the lads back on the straight and narrow! 

Maybe we didn't go authoritarian enough? Makes you think. 

Also I'm sure someone in the club called HTT campaigning for Ottmar Hitzfeld a betting scam :lol: 

Fans wanting a real manager was a betting scam. Wouldn't have been out of place in the Ashley dictatorship.

1 minute ago, Skeletor said:

Also I'm sure someone in the club called HTT campaigning for Ottmar Hitzfeld a betting scam :lol: 

Fans wanting a real manager was a betting scam. Wouldn't have been out of place in the Ashley dictatorship.

:lol: Wasn't that Shepherd as well?

6 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

That was our chairman Freddy Shepherd unbelievably.

Wasn't on the forum back then so possibly misremembering forum lore but weren't there members on here that were pretty heavily behind that Hitzfeld campaign?

EDIT: Was reading on the move and didn't realise Skeletor already said it was HTT. :lol:

Edited by wormy

Just now, wormy said:

Wasn't on the forum back then so possibly misremembering forum lore but weren't there members on here that were pretty heavily behind that Hitzfeld campaign? 

Aye :bluestar:

1 minute ago, TBG said:

The Ashley Out campaign is still the best.

I wonder if we'll ever find out who those founding heroes were.

Sad to see sackpardew.com has become some weird foreign football blog now.

21 minutes ago, Thomson Mouse said:

My most enduring memory of Sourface was the ‘paper aeroplane game’, can’t remember who it was against but it summed him up.

These absolutely horrid Souey quotes always stick with me:

"I've always been a 4-4-2 man but I'm not big on systems or tactics. Systems are for school-teachers in professional football. What I am big on is great players working their socks off. The game happens at such pace that it's all about intuition; if you have that you do not need much more."

Just now, Pilko said:

These absolutely horrid Souey quotes always stick with me:

"I've always been a 4-4-2 man but I'm not big on systems or tactics. Systems are for school-teachers in professional football. What I am big on is great players working their socks off. The game happens at such pace that it's all about intuition; if you have that you do not need much more."

So depressing where the club could have been had they just not appointed this cretin as manager.

His inability to understand that intuition / muscle memory comes from incredibly detailed systems work and training plans is baffling. Does he just think that every person will intuitively play together well if they just work hard? 

2 minutes ago, gbandit said:

His inability to understand that intuition / muscle memory comes from incredibly detailed systems work and training plans is baffling. Does he just think that every person will intuitively play together well if they just work hard? 

In those days.. I don't think it did.

When you hear players talk about Mourinho (I think it was him or AVB or Wenger that comment was a sly dig at) - he didn't spend ages on tactics and systems.

15 minutes ago, Thomson Mouse said:

I wonder :lol: 

Just like the sack pardew campaign 

Imagine staying at a club for more than a year (?) while pretty much the entire fansbase want you gone. We semi wanted us to lose games just incase that increased the odds of him getting the sack.

1 minute ago, Erikse said:

Imagine staying at a club for more than a year (?) while pretty much the entire fansbase want you gone. We semi wanted us to lose games just incase that increased the odds of him getting the sack.

Semi wanted? I was raging when Cisse scored that late winner against Palace.

58 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

I thought this was Pardew on Yanga-Mbiwa?

Taylor on Yanga-Mbiwa, unless my memory's failing me.