Steven Taylor

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

2 minutes ago, Erikse said:

I would say I assume he paid for his interview too but fair play on the consecutive promotions.

Anyone got any clue if Gulf United had significant backing compared to their league rivals or if it's a genuinely good job by him? 

Most embarrassing Newcastle player over my 58 year period of match going. Only previous was Supermacs ridiculous predictions of our FA Cup home tie vs Hereford United...I still cringe when I see him in The Dog and Parrot....legend bought him my forgiveness.

16 hours ago, Skeletor said:

k7neBodXiKeNAkOf.jpg

Crazy how the Bowyer and Dyer incident happened in the same game. As a kid I was so embarrased that day.[emoji38]

Edited by Erikse

Speaking of.. Just found this interview, and it's quite funny.[emoji38]

https://www.foxsports.com.au/football/a-league/steven-taylor-recounts-infamous-bowyerdyer-fight-on-fox-football-podcast/news-story/423e0f90da231cc562d6893a2bc5eae5

“Lee Bowyer’s come in and he’s got his shirt ripped, so I’m thinking Lee Bowyer has obviously had a fight with someone in their team on the pitch and Kieron Dyer, as a team-mate, has helped him out and looked after him.

“Until I heard Lee Bowyer say to Kieron Dyer ‘you can’t punch’.

“I walked into the players lounge and watched it on the plasma and when I had saw what had gone on, I’ll be honest, I was absolutely delighted.

“The pressure was taken right off me and the manager came in and dragged those two out to the media to explain themselves.

Edited by Erikse

^^ that's hilarious

He's right - everyone semi-forgot that ridiculous handball.

What a shambles the club has been man.

Taylor looks good mind. The middle-east lifestyle can be a great one for "ex-pats". High quality of life with capped hedonism.

28 minutes ago, Erikse said:

Crazy how the Butt and Dyer incident happened in the same game. As a kid I was so embarrased that day.[emoji38]

I was like 20 but I wanted to kill all three of them :lol: 

I always thought that scrapping incident stemmed from Souness.

The vibe across the club really changed once he replaced Robson and that game really epitomised it. 

41 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

^^ that's hilarious

He's right - everyone semi-forgot that ridiculous handball.

What a shambles the club has been man.

Taylor looks good mind. The middle-east lifestyle can be a great one for "ex-pats". High quality of life with capped hedonism.

One of my favourites. I remember they put this as a Club statement on the website literally just saying this sentence. :lol:

Screenshot_20240419-151102.png