Steven Taylor

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Far more dissapointed at this than the result yesterday,

Have to hope it doesnt affect our season now, defence has been our main strong point. Trust Pardew to know the best fix really though, he created much of the defensive success in the first place.

Sol Campbell anyone? :troll:

Been saying all summer we have gone backwards if he's not replaced. People said he never played so not gonna be missed. How we could have done with some experienced cover now..

We do need experienced cover, as long as that experienced cover isn't 20 stone and with the turning circle of the titanic.

Been saying all summer we have gone backwards if he's not replaced. People said he never played so not gonna be missed. How we could have done with some experienced cover now..

We do need experienced cover, as long as that experienced cover isn't 20 stone and with the turning circle of the titanic.

Sol didn't even have a turning circle... He couldn't turn :lol:

The infamous photo:

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Sport/Pix/pictures/2010/8/2/1280763929643/Sol-Campbell-006.jpg

kind of think this is a good opportunity to buy someone closer to Colo's level of ability than an experienced back-up. I wouldn't be confident in any pairing we could put together without Colo and don't rate Williamson very highly. Taylor might not be fully match fit for another year so it's worth getting in a top player rather than a make-shift.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Sol was actually fairly decent in his few sub appearances.

You mean against City. The rest of the time he was basically crap.

Bolton. Chelsea.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Bolton? He played about 10 minutes, during which we were all over the place and conceded.

Against Chelsea he started.

The backline did improve though at Bolton. He bossed us around a bit.

Irrelevant, he did well that day.

My initial reaction is that you are insane but then I realised you are probably just being a bit of a wum so fair enough you got me. I fell for it.

Bolton? He played about 10 minutes, during which we were all over the place and conceded.

It is relevant; you said 'sub appearances'.

He was an accident waiting to happen for the vast majority of his time in black and white.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

My initial reaction is that you are insane but then I realised you are probably just being a bit of a wum so fair enough you got me. I fell for it.

No, he really didn't become fucking shit until that West Brom game. His (many) weaknesses became heavily exposed there.

It is relevant; you said 'sub appearances'.

He was an accident waiting to happen for the vast majority of his time in black and white.

Good thing we replaced him with someone better..

We were already 4-1 down like :lol:

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

We were already 4-1 down like :lol:

One goal conceded compared to four :troll:

Nah, he was always shit. Just wasn't exposed for a few games.