Steven Taylor

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Guest optimistic nit

Alex will go to Spurs. Could put money on that.

Well i wouldn't mind that at all but Chelsea selling to us is never going to happen. We're direct rivals for that Champions league and after the Modric fiasco it's never going to happen (unless we agree to take Alex in a deal involving Modric which we won't).

It's very obvious we will get a cb in January though and it's also very obvious it will be one of Samba, Cahill, or Vertonghen. I want samba but sadly think it will be Cahill (who tbh is a meh signing for me).

Why i'm saying this is because it's also obvious Bassong will be either sold or loaned out. We agreed a loan deal with QPR on transfer deadline day but had to pull out of the deal when we couldn't complete the Cahill deal. Think Bassong and Colo would be a very good partnership for you guys tbh.

Bassong moving back here would be a great move for both player and club imo. even if he left us in unceremonious circumstances. Would be fairly cheap as well.

Anyone else, reckon this is a bit suspicious and we don't want him to play the rest of this season just in case Vidic's injury is even worse, so we don't ruin our chances of selling him to Man U?

:lol:

I've heard Colo was 'injured' because Chelsea were concerned he might get injured in training at the start of the week, they are happy for him to train again now so 'mysteriously' he is training again.

Just what I've heard.

Anyone else, reckon this is a bit suspicious and we don't want him to play the rest of this season just in case Vidic's injury is even worse, so we don't ruin our chances of selling him to Man U?

:lol:

I've heard Colo was 'injured' because Chelsea were concerned he might get injured in training at the start of the week, they are happy for him to train again now so 'mysteriously' he is training again.

Just what I've heard.

Oh noes :frantic: :lol:

Thought we really missed STaylor being a trouble-making, havoc-causing bastard for the opposition today on attacking setplays. :lol:

Perch was solid enough and had a good game. His safety-first approach was astute too, but it will be nice to have the Big Willy giving the opposition more to think about for corners. Even if his goalscoring record isn't great, it's one less guy to double mark our other big guys.

Thought we really missed STaylor being a trouble-making, havoc-causing bastard for the opposition today on attacking setplays. :lol:

Perch was solid enough and had a good game. His safety-first approach was astute too, but it will be nice to have the Big Willy giving the opposition more to think about for corners. Even if his goalscoring record isn't great, it's one less guy to double mark our other big guys.

Said exactly the same during the game. We lacked anyone really busting a nut for the ball from corners etc. which was ever more frustrating given the number of set pieces we seemed to have.