Steven Taylor

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Guest malandro

We need 4 CBs, like. A replacment will have to come in if we get rid. Ashley Williams would be my pick.

How much would he cost?

Well, Hughton sees him every day of the week and didn't want him in the side when Colo and Taylor were injured. Ask yourself why?

Kadar's a good prospect, but in the PL at this point in his development? Forget it.

Guest malandro

Or simply doesn't rate him, based on his Premier League history?

Decent point. Maybe Hughton's instigated this.

Asked whether he thinks the 24-year-old will leave Newcastle  before the transfer window closes, Hughton  told Sky Sports: "We hope not. It's very much between Steven's representatives and the club.

"It was very much a club decision (to put Taylor on the transfer list) and there's still time to go and I hope it will be resolved."

Guest taps01

Typically f*** all from Hughton on this, in case anyone didn't see it.

Absolutely nothing.

Nothing wrong with that.  Better than airing our laundry in public.

Guest Roger Kint

As his agent didnt deny he wanted £40k+ then i dont hold much hope in him staying. As already mentioned here any of Williams from Swansea, Davies or even a decent loan would more than cover him.

Obviously we need to sell him first which could mean talking anything from £1m to £4m depending on other clubs stupidity. Despite Hughtons comments i cant see him being here long..

Guest neesy111

If taylor really had his heart at the club, and was a committed toon fan.  Then money wouldn't be an issue here.  Sadly him and his agent think otherwise.

Get rid, he clearly thinks he's almost bigger than the club

I can see the club's position. If Taylor can't agree a contract now, then he may as well go rather us risking losing him for nothing. It's not as though he's an essential player.

Taylor will never make a top class centre back. He's too clumsy.

Guest malandro

I can see the club's position. If Taylor can't agree a contract now, then he may as well go rather us risking losing him for nothing. It's not as though he's an essential player.

What makes you think ST will agree to go now just because the club have put him on the transfer list?

What makes you think ST will agree to go now just because the club have put him on the transfer list?

Well he might not. But it's a clear statement from the club that he won't get any more money, and the ball is now in his court.

Got a feeling that Ashley is the type of person who'll let him sit and not play for the whole of the season if he doesn't sign or leave. No evidence to back it up, just a hunch.

Guest Heneage

What's the current status on his shoulder injury? I'd imagine that would put a few clubs off and scupper any chance of a transfer till January.