Steven Taylor

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Afraid he'll come back into the team when there's an injury to Williamson and then help Colo get back to his old form quick like by being a horrible influence on the backline.

I don't particularly trust Stevie T at this point and if we got rid I wouldn't bat an eye.

Don't trust him? He seemed pretty trustworthy when he didn't put a foot wrong in the first half of last season before his injury.

Afraid he'll come back into the team when there's an injury to Williamson and then help Colo get back to his old form quick like by being a horrible influence on the backline.

I don't particularly trust Stevie T at this point and if we got rid I wouldn't bat an eye.

Don't trust him? He seemed pretty trustworthy when he didn't put a foot wrong in the first half of last season before his injury.

Exactly. Some people have short memories.

Great option to have on the bench.

Indeed.  Those in the team will have to keep playing well if Taylor is waiting to take their place and if one gets injured and Taylor gets in the team, then he will have to play well to keep his place.  All good.

Guest optimistic nit

better than williamson and simpson, but i'd rather play williamson than simpson so would like him to slot into rb when fit.

I'm still not convinced he is suited to right back.  I can only think of 2 games where he was playing in that position in the last 2 years? perhaps it was more.  From what I recall he was fairly decent, but don't recall his delivery being that good for crosses?

Tell you what though, our attacking set pieces are going to be a nightmare for opposition to defend if we have S.Taylor, Carroll, Ameobi, Williamson and Colo all in the box.

I'm still not convinced he is suited to right back.  I can only think of 2 games where he was playing in that position in the last 2 years? perhaps it was more.  From what I recall he was fairly decent, but don't recall his delivery being that good for crosses?

Tell you what though, our attacking set pieces are going to be a nightmare for opposition to defend if we have S.Taylor, Carroll, Ameobi, Williamson and Colo all in the box.

Taylor played RB in the 08/09 season for at least 10 games.

10 games, ok.  Did we win all those games? was he decent for all those games?

Winning? I'm talking about the 08/09 season. :lol:

Don't know how good he was in those games. I'm not the biggest fan of him anyways, but as far as I recall he did well at right back.

Winning? I'm talking about the 08/09 season. :lol:

Don't know how good he was in those games. I'm not the biggest fan of him anyways, but as far as I recall he did well at right back.

Yeah it was a loaded question, sorry! haha.  We were awful 08/09, and we probably drew or lost those games he was at right back.

I'm not totally opposed to Taylor at right back, it's just that I don't think it's conclusive to say he will be better than Simpson.  After Simpson's performance against the scum I'd love to see him playing more like that.

I'm not saying Taylor is better than Simpson at RB. Simpson in the form he showed on Sunday will be good enough for us in that position.

I've said all along that Simpson will be a good player for us btw, because he played while having an injury during the end of our CCC season.

Redknapp's always after centre backs. Straight up swap for Niko Kranjcar. Sell, sell sell!!!

Would love this.  I'm happy to keep our current playing centre backs and just give Kadar more time when needed.  Kranjcar would be great for us.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest firetotheworks

He had one decidedly dodgy moment in the second half, and due to his past I'm still nervous as fuck when he's playing, but that aside he had a good game, especially in the circumstances.

I still think Colo is our best CB, but i think we'd have lost with him and Williamson in the team today.

It'll be interesting to see who Hughton picks after the Liverpool game. I think it'll be Colo and one of the two who played today.