Steven Taylor

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I remember once someone, on nufc messageboards, saying Taylor could go on and eventually captain England. :lol: And that's even before seeing him make a first team apperance. :lol:

He looked really good for his age when he first came through, he hasn't improved much since.

Made Ramage look like Cafu today. One of the worst performances I've seen in a long time.

Still convinced we've not missed Routledge in any way, shape or form?

We still had the players to accommodate not having him today. Ferguson left & Jonas right would have been a start. Even Guthrie. Poor team selection today but I doubt Routledge would have had much of an impact, no.

Made Ramage look like Cafu today. One of the worst performances I've seen in a long time.

We still had the players to accommodate not having him today. Ferguson left & Jonas right would have been a start. Even Guthrie. Poor team selection today but I doubt Routledge would have had much of an impact, no.

Shame. Would have been good to have getten him out with view to a sale.

Changed your tune.

Eh, you think being able to play Routledge wouldn't have made a difference today.  :lol:

Shame. Would have been good to have getten him out with view to a sale.

Changed your tune.

He's still here. Routledge isn't.

Guest BooBoo

If Routledge had been available for the last 2 games I am convinced we would have accumulated more than 1 point.

I'm not too sure tbh, the lad showed nothing this year in the PL.

Taylor was poor today, no doubt about that, however he is not a RB and has only just returned to fitness.  Im not his biggest fan but i think it would be unfair to judge him completely on today.  

i'll judge him on his entire career. in which he's been mediocre at best.

Guest Kenton Magpie

Hate the lads backward run everytime an attacker moves towards him, 9/10 it fails and the lad gets turned inside out

I'm not sure Routledge would have made a difference. He's only useful on counterattacks. But against  defensive, physical  teams like Bolton and Everton, he's s***. As i've mentioned before, Pardew made one tactical error: starting with Tayls. Should have gone with Ferguson and Jonas. The way Tayls backed off is f***ing pathetic. He's  played in PL for ages, and still he doesn't know that the last thing you should do with players like Arteta is to invite him into the box.

He's not a RB (couldn't go in to how many times i've said that). Had he played at CB he'd have had a decent game, similar with Simpson not being a right midfielder. Ferguson infront of Enrique should have started with Jonas on the right, think we'd be analysing a different result right now if so, even with Enrique coming off you then put Guthrie on the right and Jonas back over to the left. Makes more sense than the original line-up, though Pardew had very little options to play with.

Don't like the round hole square peg route Pardew took today, hopefully that is lesson learned for him.

RIP - the myth Taylor is a decent RB or should be played there over CB - 5/03/11.

:lol: How can you say that?

Thats my take on it too tbh as far as the team set up at K.O and in all fairness to Taylors game yesterday Simpson did not help the situation as i never saw him first half,think theres alot of knee jerking going on about yesterdays game and in all fairness Pardew should be fully responsible as square pegs round holes springs to mind.

I'm not sure Routledge would have made a difference. He's only useful on counterattacks. But against  defensive, physical  teams like Bolton and Everton, he's s***. As i've mentioned before, Pardew made one tactical error: starting with Tayls. Should have gone with Ferguson and Jonas. The way Tayls backed off is f***ing pathetic. He's  played in PL for ages, and still he doesn't know that the last thing you should do with players like Arteta is to invite him into the box.

Simpson on RMF was a shocker for me tbh.

aye. Routledge wasn´t good enough for were we want to be and this season we will be ok and next season we will bring some really top guns in, so basically we just saved some good money...

:dowie:

Guest Stephen927

When Arteta was running straight at him, did a few stepovers, then continued running the same direction straight past him. Fucking hell Taylor!

The biggest mistake Pardew did yesterday was to brake up the back 4. That was just not ok and one think that really annoys me. Think we would have at least drawn the game if we had not.

The biggest mistake Pardew did yesterday was to brake up the back 4. That was just not ok and one think that really annoys me. Think we would have at least drawn the game if we had not.

Yeah, you're probably right. He did have a difficult decision with the RM spot though, I can see how he thought Simpson was more equipped than Taylor to play there.

I would have gone with Jonas on the right and started Fergie on the left... but for some reason managers never seem to throw the youngsters in even when there seems to be a need. I guess 'experience' is overrated, just like it is in most jobs.

Must be a great confidence booster for Ferguson, knowing the manager would rather play three or four out of position than start him.

He sees him as a left back, said so the other day. From that perspective it makes sense that he wouldn't start him.

I've been harping on about how it's imperative we hang onto the majority of our squad, but i honestly wouldn't bat an eyelid if Taylor went for as little as £5m. It'd be great money for someone who: A, is so injury prone i barely even consider him part of the squad any more. B, is about as mediocre as they come. C, seems a right divvy. That transfer request malarkey in the summer was bloody cringeworthy. So disappointed, on this occassion, that we've bowed down to a player's/agent's demands - cos Taylor really wasn't worth it.

I'd rather flog him and share his wage leftovers out between Jose, Barton and Jonas. I'd have said the same before Everton, btw. :thup: