Steven Taylor

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Other than it being stunning hypocrisy on the part of the wankers running the club, I couldn't give a shite really.

The thought of us not being able to retain Enrique and Barton cos the likes of Smith and Taylor (who's recently had a completely undeserved raise) are still on the books makes me want to cry.

Other than it being stunning hypocrisy on the part of the wankers running the club, I couldn't give a s**** really.

The thought of us not being able to retain Enrique and Barton cos the likes of Smith and Taylor (who's recently had a completely undeserved raise) are still on the books makes me want to cry.

Other than it being stunning hypocrisy on the part of the wankers running the club, I couldn't give a s**** really.

Ah fuuuck. Forgot Alan Smith.Thought he'd been bolt-gunned and turned into cattle feed.

I've been harping on about how it's imperative we hang onto the majority of our squad, but i honestly wouldn't bat an eyelid if Taylor went for as little as £5m. It'd be great money for someone who: A, is so injury prone i barely even consider him part of the squad any more. B, is about as mediocre as they come. C, seems a right divvy. That transfer request malarkey in the summer was bloody cringeworthy. So disappointed, on this occassion, that we've bowed down to a player's/agent's demands - cos Taylor really wasn't worth it.

I'd rather flog him and share his wage leftovers out between Jose, Barton and Jonas. I'd have said the same before Everton, btw. :thup:

What transfer request?

The club put him on the transfer list and told Sky Sports before they told the player.

I've been harping on about how it's imperative we hang onto the majority of our squad, but i honestly wouldn't bat an eyelid if Taylor went for as little as £5m. It'd be great money for someone who: A, is so injury prone i barely even consider him part of the squad any more. B, is about as mediocre as they come. C, seems a right divvy. That transfer request malarkey in the summer was bloody cringeworthy. So disappointed, on this occassion, that we've bowed down to a player's/agent's demands - cos Taylor really wasn't worth it.

I'd rather flog him and share his wage leftovers out between Jose, Barton and Jonas. I'd have said the same before Everton, btw. :thup:

Agreed, I actually hoped that he didn't sign a new contract. He's probably on £40 000 a year. And he's shit. He's not worth the money compared to how often he's injured and what he delivers on the pitch..Yesterday was a fucking disaster. Amateur errors.

What transfer request?

The club put him on the transfer list and told Sky Sports before they told the player.

Sorry aye, you're right. It was down to wage demands though, which was my point.

I said so on here at the time and stand by it, I think Pardew has guaranteed him a start when he's fit in order to get him to sign the new contract, probably (and hopefully) in order for his superiors to make a profit when we flog him rather than lose him on a free.

I actually think if Pardew wanted to play Simpson and Taylor at RM and RB, I would have switched them round.

First, breaking up a back four is never a great idea and ended up having 2 players out of position instead of 1.

But secondly, I actually think that Taylor would make a better RM than Simpson.  I think Taylor has better technique than Simpson and arguably has a better cross on him.  Oddly, I think his dribbling skills are better (certainly in a rampaging, unstoppable force of nature style).

I said so on here at the time and stand by it, I think Pardew has guaranteed him a start when he's fit in order to get him to sign the new contract, probably (and hopefully) in order for his superiors to make a profit when we flog him rather than lose him on a free.

There's no way that has happened.

I think it's obvious (even though Taylor played at right back), that Colo and Williamson are the best CB partnership we have at our disposal. He's ok as cover but there should be no disputing that Williamson is ahead of him.

On a side note, is Sol Campbell still alive?

Guest Chubby Jason

Happy to have him as our second/third CB tbh. :dontknow:

He won't be though. He sees himself as good enough to play for England.

Guest Heneage

The Everton game aside I want him to leave.

He lacks basic positioning and is too over zealous to be a good centre back. He's no better than Williamson and is on really high wages that could be better spent.

Agreed, I actually hoped that he didn't sign a new contract. He's probably on £40 000 a year. And he's shit. He's not worth the money compared to how often he's injured and what he delivers on the pitch..Yesterday was a fucking disaster. Amateur errors.

Source?

Agreed, I actually hoped that he didn't sign a new contract. He's probably on £40 000 a year. And he's s***. He's not worth the money compared to how often he's injured and what he delivers on the pitch..Yesterday was a f***ing disaster. Amateur errors.

Source?

Have read in multiple articles that his salary before signing the new deal was around £40 000. It's a disgrace if the new deal gives him more:

http://www.football.co.uk/newcastle_united/steven_taylor_offered_another_new_deal_at_newcastle_rss1520978.shtml

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1334337/Steven-Taylor-offered-new-deal-Newcastle.html

www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/.../Steven-Taylor-turned-down-Newcastle-s-last-gasp-bid-of-a-new-contract-offer-article567035.html

why is there no way that has happened?

IMO it's too far fetched. There's no way Pardew would guarantee Taylor a start, it wouldn't fit in with the way the club is being run at all.

IMO it's too far fetched. There's no way Pardew would guarantee Taylor a start, it wouldn't fit in with the way the club is being run at all.

seems perfectly possible to me, he did drop williamson for him straight away.