Champions League 10/11

Luc

Milito scored in the last 16, quarter finals, semi finals and twice in the final.

I think he perfectly warrants Forward of the Year.

Anyway, it's voted by the managers so there is hardly any bias...

Those managers need their head's checking....

How?

Messi's Individual performance's were better across the tournament

He scored 4 goals against a piss poor Arsenal.

Oh ok, them goals should be erased from the records in that case.. :rolleyes:

Erm, well no.  But it contrasts against the goals Milito scored.  i.e. that Milito scored several key goals in important games that really mattered, whereas most of Messi's were in one easy game.

This isn't rocket science.  Whooooosh.

Arsenal are easy now?  You really are clueless.  How many teams in world football are better than Arsenal, about 6..

:lol: :lol:

Did you watch the game in question?

Obviously I did, it was on national TV.  Barcelona were brilliant and Messi was unstoppable.  Just because Arsenal got played off the park doesn't mean they played like a pub team.

What about Milito's great goals.. a header from 3 yards out that was miles offside.  Wow.  Played great in the final, but wasn't anywhere near the best prior to that match.

It's not a lot better at all, and half that team has never played in the Champions League. With a manager who has been consistently proven lost in European competition.

If they struggled away to Young Boys, they'll get nowt away to them 3 teams.

If they struggled away to Young Boys, they'll get nowt away to them 3 teams.

I expect them to be a lot like us back in 03. Looking a little out of place at first but gradually getting better. All depends how quick they learn.

What's Spurs European record like recently?

I can't remember any sort of run that would validate their non existence in pot 4

Got to the UEFA QFs (i think a while back) then got cheated by Sevilla's ref and got knocked out in the round of 16 the year after by PSV / Gomes.

FYP. 1-0 up at theirs and cruising, then the ref gave them an absolutely pathetic penalty. We've actually done all right in Europe - so much so that if Bremen hadn't scored that injury time winner we'd have been seeded in pot 2.

I wasn't at all fussed about who we got and I think most Spurs fans are the same. Arsenal got third in their first Group stages and that's what I'd expect us to get. Any better would be fantastic and even if we only manage fourth, as long as we play well and don't get gubbed then I'll be happy. It's just great to be there. As someone said on a Spurs forum, all we've heard from Arsenal and Chelsea (and West Ham etc) has been "You won't beat us. You won't get 4th. You won't make the Group Stages. You won't win in the Group Stages... BEEP BEEP BEEP! Watch out people, Gooners are reversing...". Of course we want to do well, but for pretty much every Spurs fan I know, everything we get from now is a bonus.

I feel like a kid again. Getting top four this year is arguably a bigger priority than getting through the group stages (and will be harder than ever) but this is the first time since winning the League Cup that I've attained a blissed-out calm. I'm not going to lose that, even if Inter put 6 past us at the San Siro.

And to add to that, we're really not that bad you know. Sure, we froze on the astroturf, but we then put six goals past Young Boys without reply. Hopefully Gallas will provide that bit of experience we desperately need.

And to add to that, we're really not that bad you know. Sure, we froze on the astroturf, but we then put six goals past Young Boys without reply. Hopefully Gallas will provide that bit of experience we desperately need.

Reckon you're in with a chance of qualification. Will depend on your 3 home games.

Would've been ludicrous if you'd been in Pot 2 like.

Reckon you're in with a chance of qualification. Will depend on your 3 home games.

Would've been ludicrous if you'd been in Pot 2 like.

I'd prefer it if there wasn't any seeding at all. You're right though - loads will depend upon the home games, as well as how referees treat Crouch. I've seen European refs give several free-kicks against him in the past for being tall. He'll give any defence trouble on form.

What's Spurs European record like recently?

I can't remember any sort of run that would validate their non existence in pot 4

Got to the UEFA QFs (i think a while back) then got cheated by Sevilla's ref and got knocked out in the round of 16 the year after by PSV / Gomes.

FYP. 1-0 up at theirs and cruising, then the ref gave them an absolutely pathetic penalty. We've actually done all right in Europe - so much so that if Bremen hadn't scored that injury time winner we'd have been seeded in pot 2.

I wasn't at all fussed about who we got and I think most Spurs fans are the same. Arsenal got third in their first Group stages and that's what I'd expect us to get. Any better would be fantastic and even if we only manage fourth, as long as we play well and don't get gubbed then I'll be happy. It's just great to be there. As someone said on a Spurs forum, all we've heard from Arsenal and Chelsea (and West Ham etc) has been "You won't beat us. You won't get 4th. You won't make the Group Stages. You won't win in the Group Stages... BEEP BEEP BEEP! Watch out people, Gooners are reversing...". Of course we want to do well, but for pretty much every Spurs fan I know, everything we get from now is a bonus.

:thup:

Rather pleased with Marseille's group. I think we're the second best team there and should stand a good chance of going through. The matches against Spartak will be massive. Will also be brilliant when Drogba comes back to the Velodrome.

Actually that's a point. One good thing is that we don't have any horrible trips to Eastern Europe to worry about. Italy, Spain and Holland ain't so bad.

It's a shame Vladivostok aren't good enough to get into Europe.

That could be quite the European away trip.

Remember reading about a car load of Zenit fans who drove to the game. Quality stuff.

4 of my mates drove to Kazakhstan for the England match their n all.

Not sure why Spurs "should be happy" with the group, KSH. It's a tough-looking group.

I think Spurs would've expected to lose to Pot 1 and defeat Pot 4, so then it comes down to Pot 2. Considering Real Madrid, Roma, Valencia and Benfica were there, I think they'd be relieved it was Werder Bremen. The group isn't easy but in their situation it was never going to be.

Think it'll be a case of the home team winning each game when Werder play them.

Think Spurs are stronger than they are, but in the CL it's always that thing with the home and away games.

Can see Spurs getting 6 points from Bremen, though.

As an aside, I think Ajax will do what Marseille should have doen last year and finish second above Milan.

I'd be absolutely amazed if that happened. Madrid should walk the group though