Shola Ameobi

Keefaz

Hope this was the second and last time ever we see him on the right wing.

Aye, bit of a mystery why Pardew has done this twice in the space of a week. He has not one attribute needed to be effective on the wing..

It was probably to give him some time on the pitch as such. In the end, he has to be fully match fit by January when Ba's away.

Saying that, he should have come on for Ba as soon as it was 2-0.

• 2 weeks later...

Was good today, set up Ba a few times.

I thought we played with 10 men, him being the odd one out.

Thought his flick ons were class to be honest and he held the ball up well when it arrived at his feet.  Set up the goal and pen(!) as well.

You would. It doesn't fit your agenda.

While you were on here tapping away at your keyboard my agenda had me losing my voice shouting encouragement to the players.  It’ll not have made much difference but it will have made more of a difference than your support.

Of course I could be wrong and you may have been at the match and you may be the only person who can get a good signal in the ground.

the little that he done he done well, didn't do nearly enough though.

You'll have seen him standing around in the 2nd half while everybody else was defending, he stood half way between the half way line and our goal without offering any help at all.

Shola did a Cruyff in the first half that got booed and grunted at because it didn't work. Demba Ba did the same second half and got his name sung for it. Bit double standards tbh. Ba is clearly far better than Shola, but Shola played his part like any other did tonight. Anyone who disagrees can fuck off and suck on an Elephants left testicle.

the little that he done he done well, didn't do nearly enough though.

You'll have seen him standing around in the 2nd half while everybody else was defending, he stood half way between the half way line and our goal without offering any help at all.

that wouldn't have been bad if he'd took turns with ba, one drops in and works, the other takes a breather but he didn't.

Shola did a Cruyff in the first half that got booed and grunted at because it didn't work. Demba Ba did the same second half and got his name sung for it. Bit double standards tbh. Ba is clearly far better than Shola, but Shola played his part like any other did tonight. Anyone who disagrees can f*** off and suck on an Elephants left testicle.

Exactly, Ba will always be our top forward but Shola did his job tonight and did it well.

Ba and Shola  :clap: :icon_salut:

Best came on and ran like his life depended on it and contributed to the 3rd goal but he wasn't as good in the air as Shola.

cos we weren't exactly trying to break them down at that point.

jeez, that shouldn't need explained.

Best came on and ran like his life depended on it and contributed to the 3rd goal but he wasn't as good in the air as Shola.

cos we weren't exactly trying to break them down at that point.

jeez, that shouldn't need explained.

???

I don't need anything explained fella.  Best's flick ons were aimless regardless of what point of the game we were at, even at 2-0 and 3-0 you still want to keep possession.  Shola was better in the air, face it.