Shola Ameobi

Keefaz

Obviously we got better without him. He just stands in the way. Only time its respectful to throw him in is in the last 4 minutes when you are trying to score a goal by throwing the ball into the area or when you are up trying to defend a corner.

Only ever useful as a sub these days. Why does Pardew keep playing him from the start?

Cisse has a 'knock' so there wasn't much to pick from today strikers wise. If we don't play Shola the choice is Ranger, Xisco (if he's not injured) or Campbell. It's pitiful squad depth. Another reason why we need to buy 2 strikers this transfer window. Shola should be the 4th choice striker and not 2nd choice striker.

Should not have been sent off but he was fucking crap and lazy for the duration and we played better when he wasn't on the pitch.

Him being suspended for Norwich is the best fucking thing that happened today, I'm delighted the gutless cunt won't be anywhere near the game.

Being Shola must be like winning the lottery like. inexplicably playing at your boyhood club for 12 years, picking up more money each week than many people watching on will be making in a year. No wonder he's always smiling.

Guest neesy111

As performances go that was one of the worst I've seen from him.  Him and his brother should be no where near this club.

Whether he was shite or not today doesn't disguise the fact that he has been sent off for two of the most harshest yellow cards i have ever seen.  The first one was a disgrace bearing in mind the ref had his back to the play and didn't see it and has just seen the Brighton player on the deck and pulled out a yellow card and the 2nd is never a booking its just a foul and get on with the game, although bearing in mind he was on a yellow he should not have went in to make the challenge anyway.

Guest neesy111

he was an absolute disgrace today. Despite playing a lower league team and having young players on our team he was by far the worst player on the pitch.

And Captain.

:anguish:

I feel sorry for him in a way. When he was being used sparingly he was effective; looked fresh, strong and interested and was a real asset for 15-20 minutes. He'd started to win the fans over after all of these years.

His ineptitude recently is making the fans turn on him again.

I blame Pardew.

I've always defended him, and I'll stand up and say the last 2 matches from him have been the last draw for me. Today was a disgrace - even though the ref made a horrible call on giving him another yellow, getting sent off was fucking disgraceful.