Shola Ameobi

Keefaz

Shola's name precedes him.

He had a better pass accuracy than Cabaye, Debuchy, Gutierrez, Taylor and Anita tonight.  The only ones of those getting stick are Gutierrez and Taylor.

He made 5 clearances.

Only Taylor and Debuchy won more aerial duels, despite him only being on 20 minutes.

He was dispossessed once.

Whether he was the man to come on when he did is another question.  Getting dogs abuse out of kilter with his contribution though.

As usual.

Did you also count how many knock ons he headed to err nobody?

I saw it once.  If I missed any, it was twice at most because he only won 2 aerial duels.

The majority of hoofs were way over his head or directed away from him.

He had a better pass accuracy than Cabaye, Debuchy, Gutierrez, Taylor and Anita tonight.  The only ones of those getting stick are Gutierrez and Taylor.

He made 5 clearances.

Only Taylor and Debuchy won more aerial duels, despite him only being on 20 minutes.

Whether he was the man to come on when he did is another question.  Getting dogs abuse out of kilter with his contribution though.

As usual.

I saw it once.  If I missed any, it was twice at most because he only won 2 aerial duels.

Ok I don't know where you're getting your stats from or what constitutes winning aerial duels, because I definitely saw Shola 'passing' to nobody for quite a few times.

He made 5 clearances.

As usual.

Ok I don't know where you're getting your stats from or what constitutes winning aerial duels, because I definitely saw Shola 'passing' to nobody for quite a few times.

http://www.whoscored.com/Matches/615158/LiveStatistics/England-Premier-League-2012-2013-Aston-Villa-Newcastle-United

AD is Aerial Duels won.

Should have only come on for the last 5 minutes. It was in the last 5 minutes that he was effective anyway, making the clearances that he did. Have no problem with him being used in this way whatsoever. I have a major problem with him coming on when he did though, and it used up an extra sub for us, when we should have left it spare just in case. Coming on in injury time or 5 before that is not an issue, as he can be useful in situations like last night.

He is a fucking disgusting player, I have no idea why Pardew brings him on because it can't be for his ability in the air, he is fucking shocking and never wins long balls, he jumps downwards. He has to be the first player out of the picture in the summer. It's gone on far to long now

anyone questioning him as a sub only has to look at some of his previous contributions such as QPR at home this season to see how he can be used well. He was crap last night but people act like he has never played that role well, astounding.

That being said, not a fan of him playing atm :lol:

anyone questioning him as a sub only has to look at some of his previous contributions such as QPR at home this season to see how he can be used well. He was crap last night but people act like he has never played that role well, astounding.

Bringing him on when we are chasing a game is completely different to bringing him on when we are winning so we've got someone to hoof it to when we are in panic mode.

He made 5 clearances.

As usual.

http://www.whoscored.com/Matches/615158/LiveStatistics/England-Premier-League-2012-2013-Aston-Villa-Newcastle-United

AD is Aerial Duels won.

Messi loses the ball more than any other player in La Liga. He must be fucking shite. Let's send them Shola.

Watch the game.

God if only we had kept Leon Best, and got rid of this hopeless man.

This guy is trash, so don't quote me stats on anything he did!

My eyes told me he was absolute garbage, and me eyes don't lie.

I dream of the day this guy dissapears from the team. He's horrendous.

A big for nothing, waste of space. GET HIM OUT THIS SUMMER!

If no buyers than permanent loan him to Bursaspor with the Ferdinand boy.

Guest neesy111

He does make the odd rare contribution, but 80% of the time he does nothing.  Coming up to 2 years soon since he last scored from a PL start.

He does make the odd rare contribution, but 80% of the time he does nothing.  Coming up to 2 years soon since he last scored from a PL start.

What's that? 5 games or summat?

• 3 weeks later...

He's been shit.

:anguish:

That post was mentally typed up before he'd kicked a ball tbh. He's done well.

Needs to come off as he tires though, especially as we don't want to be encouraging as many long balls as we started to play in the second half of that first half.

He's been shit.

:anguish:

That post was mentally typed up before he'd kicked a ball tbh. He's done well.

Needs to come off as he tires though, especially as we don't want to be encouraging as many long balls as we started to play in the second half of that first half.

Spot on.