Shola Ameobi

Keefaz

He reaching new levels of complete shitness. Yesterday was on par with the worst performances I've seen from him (a couple under Souness and Roeder springs to mind). What the club sees in him - and has seen in him since 2004 - I don't know. The one thing Allardyce got right here was to try and get rid of this embarressment. Pathetic.

Allardyce marginalised Shola. I can only remember him featuring two or three times in the league under him; although his performance in the Derby away game still ranks for me as one of the top ten worst Shola postings of all time. He looked like he was on smack.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi
In the news at 12 - Police are investigating a race hate campaign against #nufc player Shola Ameobi following messages on Facebook.
- BBC Newcastle

The only reason he's still in the team seems to be the fact Pardew likes him defending set pieces.  Its been such a long time since I remember being able to say "Shola played his heart out today", he just never looks fucking interested.

It was embarrassing that he played a full game yesterday, but hopefully with Ba and Cisse back we won't have to suffer him for more than 10-15 minutes at the end of a game in the future.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I wonder how much playing that season with his rotting hip joint curtailed his career? Shouldn't forget that he played 'well' that season despite being in constant pain.

Allardyce marginalised Shola. I can only remember him featuring two or three times in the league under him; although his performance in the Derby away game still ranks for me as one of the top ten worst Shola postings of all time. He looked like he was on smack.

Shola would never be on smack, he couldn't hit a vein let alone score.

The only reason he's still in the team seems to be the fact Pardew likes him defending set pieces.

Stick him at sweeper #BringBacktheLibero

Like i said earlier, i think he's just given up on ever being the main man here. That's what it looks like.

He had a chance early in the first half, before we scored, where he had his back to goal inside the box. Last season or the year before, he'd have swung round with his left and buried that chance.

When Ba went to the ACoN, i was all for Shola being first choice. But he doesn't deserve to be in the side on his last few showings.

Like i said earlier, i think he's just given up on ever being the main man here. That's what it looks like.

He had a chance early in the first half, before we scored, where he had his back to goal inside the box. Last season or the year before, he'd have swung round with his left and buried that chance.

When Ba went to the ACoN, i was all for Shola being first choice. But he doesn't deserve to be in the side on his last few showings.

Pretty much my view as well, he seems to have firmly accepted his role as bit-part player and isn't bothered what anyone thinks of him now. Combined with declining mobility it's not a good recipe for success.

Overall in his career I think he's done OK for us, not good enough to be a regular starter for a top-half team but he has played through the pain, delivered some brilliant moments and he clearly loves the club.

It's time to thoroughly relegate him down the pecking order now, at least for a period where it's made clear what he has to do to get back in.

Ideally I would see Ba and Cisse with another young-ish striker signed/developed to play the bit-part. Best can fill that role in the meantime.

I don't see why we'd endeavour to sell Best. Fair enough if we get a daft offer, like, but otherwise it seems silly.

What did we pay for him? £2m? I'd rather keep him but wouldn't be aggrieved if we got our money back on him this summer.

I don't see why we'd endeavour to sell Best. Fair enough if we get a daft offer, like, but otherwise it seems silly.

What did we pay for him? £2m? I'd rather keep him but wouldn't be aggrieved if we got our money back on him this summer.

IMO Best is the best we can hope for from 3rd/4th-choice striker right now. Ideally buy someone young on summer and keep Best and Shola as back-up, as everybody knows Shola isn't going anywhere.

IMO Best is the best we can hope for from 3rd/4th-choice striker right now. Ideally buy someone young on summer and keep Best and Shola as back-up, as everybody knows Shola isn't going anywhere.

Agree with this, we aren't going to be able to get anyone who is willing to be 3rd choice striker and who is much better than Best. Best always puts a good shift in, has the ability to score most types of goal and realistically isn't going to be able to play for a bigger club than us, so he's ideal for 3rd choice (as long as he doesn't mind accepting that's what he is).