Shola Ameobi

Keefaz

My mate said an old lady in his street had someone crash into the back of her car lately. Not badly, but when they both stepped out of their cars she didn't know who it was. It was Shola - in a hat!

He went "Don't you know who I am?" and she genuinely didn't, although the police officers were frothing over him.

That story would be rubbish with any other player, but with our slow mumbling, lazy, hat-wearing, apple eating, bike-riding Shola it adds something.

Deeply depressing stuff. Particularly awful when alone upfront as he won't run the channels, will be constantly offside and will constantly foul the oppositions centrebacks all day. I can't wait.

Guest Recoba

I am a bit of a Shola apologist, but unless he is 100 per cent fit we cant afford him as a passenger on his own up front.

He couldn't really run when he first broke into the side at 19 and things have gotten far worse in that respect. He's a complete waste of a shirt.

Lovenkrands didn't sign for us until his late twenties ???

Guest Recoba

The thing is there are tons of awful strikers in the Premiership and loads of clubs have their own Shola.

Everton - 2011 Yakubu (past it)

Villa- Heskey

West Ham - McCarthy or C Cole

Blackburn - Benjani

All with decent physical attributes but dont seem to use them.

A week ago, Cole scored twice against Fulham.

When was the last time Shola scored 2 goals from open play at this level? I can't even remember.

doesn't mean a great deal, i've seen many players score braces and have shite games, i've seen players play very well after months pf being poor then follow it with monre months of beiong poor. what matters is players playing well week in, week out or at leasy playing well a lot more often than they don't. between cole and ameobi over the last few months , there ain't a lot to pick between them.

Ameobi is miles ahead of Carlton Cole. Shola can actually head the ball well and is a good finisher on his day, only thing Cole has on Shola is pace. Shola gets far too much stick on here, he's a decent player who has seen his career riddled by injury. People say he was shit from the start but that is absolute bollocks, I remember a young Shola and Lomana Lua Lua tearing apart Bayer Leverkusen on their own patch. Too many with short memories on here.