Shola Ameobi

Keefaz

He's not good enough and I don't care how often he plays with injuries.  He deserves some credit for it but it doesn't make him and better than he actually is and he doesn't have a good 90 minutes often enough when played, for whatever reason.

aGREE 100%, HE'S A CROCK OF SHIT.

Can we just have a couple of standard posts for Shola? One where either he hasn't scored or we've lost that says "dogshit, never be a player, get rid ASAP", and one for where he's scored the winner that says "comes up with some important goals"?

Real time saver.

Can we just have a couple of standard posts for Shola? One where either he hasn't scored or we've lost that says "dogshit, never be a player, get rid ASAP", and one for where he's scored the winner that says "comes up with some important goals"?

Real time saver.

Could just write them two things at the end of this thread an lock it

He's not good enough and I don't care how often he plays with injuries.  He deserves some credit for it but it doesn't make him and better than he actually is and he doesn't have a good 90 minutes often enough when played, for whatever reason.

aGREE 100%, HE'S A CROCK OF s***.

Aye, and shouting abuse at him from the stands is going to magically see him replaced by a top quality striker. :crazy2:

He may not be good enough in your opinion but the point of the article was that regardless of that he's the best we have at the minute and you have to respect his commitment. After all, it's not his fault the club have contracted him for the past 10 years.

Has to start every game now, sadly.

I take it that you didn't watch the game, he was poor as were all of our forwards.  We had loads of balls into the box and were awful in front of goal.

Pardew on Shola

“He’s had the disadvantage of being a young player here and having outstanding strikers in front of him, really outstanding strikers,” he argued.

“The emergence of Andy Carroll as well has probably restricted his displays more than at another club, I’m guessing.

“From what I’ve seen he is a very good professional footballer who wants to play for Newcastle and I like him. I think his style’s good.

“I could compare Shola to Bobby Zamora (who Pardew managed at West Ham United), they’re very similar.

“Shola’s probably a little bit more dominant in the air, Bobby’s maybe a tadge quicker, but the feet are very similar, they can beat players. Because they’re tall you don’t think they’ve got that natural ability to take a shot and come inside. I see a lot of qualities in Shola that could be very useful for us and for me as a manager.

“The games he’s played for me have been – blimey – pretty good, and what you expect at Newcastle, a striker that causes defences problems in the Premier League.”

Read More http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2011/03/05/pardew-s-demands-on-striker-shola-ameobi-61634-28283269/#ixzz1FkZ40BUp

The overreaction to that should brighten up my day a little.

I'm sure the match has already brightened up your day, you seem to have a high tolerance to mediocrity.

The overreaction to that should brighten up my day a little.

I'm sure the match has already brightened up your day, you seem to have a high tolerance to mediocrity.

No I just don't shit the bed at every dissapointment.

Oh no!!! we lost! Everyone and everything must be shit etc, etc...

Better?

No I just don't s*** the bed at every dissapointment.

Oh no!!! we lost! Everyone and everything must be s*** etc, etc...

Better?

I doubt anybody would survive if they shit the bed at every disappointment following this club.