Shola Ameobi

Keefaz

We need two starting strikers in the summer, Best and Ameobi can be third and fourth with Ranger out on loan.

One starting striker and one other striker.

Mr X with Ben Arfa just off him should be our first choice pairing next year imo.

I'm convinced HBA will get the left wing slot. Really cant see Pards playing him as a striker or attacking central midfielder as he's too light.

Too light? Unlike the brick shit house he's currenty playing up front in Peter 'Shoulders' Lovenkrands?

Guest neesy111

Best is in better form, but Shola's hold up play is of massive use to the team. They should be our front 2 with Ranger and Kuqi on the bench and Lovenkrands nowhere near the squad.

Would go with this.

I'd go with Best and Shola at the moment. I've had enough of watching Lovenkrands scamper around the pitch doing f*** all.

Agreed. Loven has contributed with nothing at all to the general play. Sure he has gotten 2 or 3 goals but he's been absolutely dogshite otherwise.

• 4 weeks later...

Just saw the statistic on .com about him being tenth top goalscorer in our post-war history! Not sure many have played the same number of games as him, but nonetheless...

http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Sunderland+v+Newcastle+United+Premier+League+vYhrwu2KLVGl.jpg

http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/images/49734000/jpg/_49734848_newcastle_shola_ameobi_scores_2nd_getty.jpg

Legend and hero! :laugh:

It's still my dream to see the Ameobi brothers line up in the same team for us.

:lol: be amazing if that happened like.

:snod:

Knowing they are both out there just makes me happy. There is a great youtube Ameobi compilation called The Great Shola Ameobi :mackems: Quality.

Knowing they are both out there just makes me happy. There is a great youtube Ameobi compilation called The Great Shola Ameobi :mackems: Quality.

Have you seen Sammys miss against the Everton Reserves?

Ameobi to the core  :lol:

:mackems:

I find myself respecting Shola more and more these days. He continues to put his body on the line and has done so now for a number of years, particularly through his hip problems a while back.  It's remarkable he's been around so long, but I was chuffed for him for that performance. Arguably the most critical game of the season and he ran their defence ragged. We really needed him, and it was just great stuff by the man.

I think he's a better player than many give him credit for, he's just horribly inconsistent and that's probably down to forever being 2nd choice all his career. I think he could've easily held down a spot at another average PL club as a starting striker for a number of years to some success. Like Harper he's been a brilliant servant to the club, although a very frustrating one at times.

I think he's a better player than many give him credit for, he's just horribly inconsistent and that's probably down to forever being 2nd choice all his career. I think he could've easily held down a spot at another average PL club as a starting striker for a number of years to some success. Like Harper he's been a brilliant servant to the club, although a very frustrating one at times.

Didn't he scored 1 in 2 games average when he get chances to play every weeks under Roeder?

Have you seen Sammys miss against the Everton Reserves?

Ameobi to the core  :lol:

:mackems:

What would be even better is Sammy replacing Shola in the squad when he retires and even taking his number so it would be like nothing happened.

He is the ultimate Jekyll and Hyde footballer, like. When he's good, he's absolutely brilliant (see yesterday), but when he's bad, he's the absolute pits.

You guys have like fifty different words for shit/poor.  :lol:

I find myself respecting Shola more and more these days. He continues to put his body on the line and has done so now for a number of years, particularly through his hip problems a while back.  It's remarkable he's been around so long, but I was chuffed for him for that performance. Arguably the most critical game of the season and he ran their defence ragged. We really needed him, and it was just great stuff by the man.

Agreed. His progress has been hampered injuries too. He was in really good form at the start of the season, before a injury once again stopped him. The away game against Arsenal was the best game I've ever seen from him. Didn't score a goal, but he worked his socks of. He had to switch between being a fifth midfielder and supporting Carroll.  Also he held onto the ball so the rest of the team could move higher up.