Shola Ameobi

Keefaz

He's played through injuries for the benefit of the team, he's nothing like Owen.  Can you imagine Owen playing with a fractured cheekbone and then taking off his mask against doctor's advice?

Agreed, they are nothing alike.

If Owen had suffered the same problems as Shola over the years we would literally have never seen the gutless wanker.

Guest hobshobs

You don't think he has a fractured cheek?

Shooting to the Leazes and last week against Manchester United - a ball is dropping to the back post for Williamson with no opposition player near him - great chance to get a header on goal or head back across the face. As he's about to meet the ball Shola comes flying through the air and clatters into the back of him - ball goes out for a bye kick - Williamson is flattened and Shola is lying on top of him. Everyone around me asks what is Shola doing? Commitment some might say, others another example of how useless and brainless he can be.

Guest hobshobs

Shola is absolutely f*** all like Owen, probably the worst comparison you could have made tbh :lol:

Owen couldn't f*** off quick enough, Shola just won't f*** off.

Shola to Manchester United - don't think so. That is why I said Owen was a better player. By the way I hate them both before anybody thinks I'm sticking up for Owen.

Shola is absolutely f*** all like Owen, probably the worst comparison you could have made tbh :lol:

Shola to Manchester United - don't think so. That is why I said Owen was a better player. By the way I hate them both before anybody thinks I'm sticking up for Owen.

I honestly don't even know what your trying to say here like mate :lol:

In what way is Shola like Owen, other than they have both had some injury problems during there time at Newcastle?

We knew you weren't defending Owen the second you compared him to Ameobi.

Guest hobshobs

I honestly don't even know what your trying to say here like mate :lol:

In what way is Shola like Owen, other than they have both had some injury problems during there time at Newcastle?

You're saying Owen went and Shola stays. Owen was wanted by Manchester United because he had a degree of talent. Ferguson wouldn't touch Shola, even on a free with us picking up his wages.

Guest hobshobs

Anything is possible with Shola mate. Usually the impossible.

Look forward to next season, Shola staying fit for the campaign and scoring a barrowload.

Anybody hear the online commentary on Saturday. Commentator was stunned that Shola spent over 20 minutes warming up in his match boots. Game underway for ten minutes and he had lost his footing three times ending up on his arse. Then on the touchline for over three minutes changing his footwear.

Joke footballer.

Anything is possible with Shola mate. Usually the impossible.

Look forward to next season, Shola staying fit for the campaign and scoring a barrowload.

Anybody hear the online commentary on Saturday. Commentator was stunned that Shola spent over 20 minutes warming up in his match boots. Game underway for ten minutes and he had lost his footing three times ending up on his arse. Then on the touchline for over three minutes changing his footwear.

Joke footballer.

aye but all our players were slipping over,  Shola more than anyone but after warming up,  when they went off to get changed to start the match Blackpools sprinklers kicked in and our players were slipping and sliding all over the place.

Shooting to the Leazes and last week against Manchester United - a ball is dropping to the back post for Williamson with no opposition player near him - great chance to get a header on goal or head back across the face. As he's about to meet the ball Shola comes flying through the air and clatters into the back of him - ball goes out for a bye kick - Williamson is flattened and Shola is lying on top of him. Everyone around me asks what is Shola doing? Commitment some might say, others another example of how useless and brainless he can be.

I remember the incident. Shola was moving forward to the ball and Williamson was moving backward - Shola was definitely in the better position to head it. Shola shouted for it so loud that you could hear it on camera, but Williamson either ignored him or was too committed to adjust. The two of them had a bit of an argument afterwards.

Whoever's fault it was, it wasn't clear cut.

He's played through injuries for the benefit of the team, he's nothing like Owen.  Can you imagine Owen playing with a fractured cheekbone and then taking off his mask against doctor's advice?

Agreed, they are nothing alike.

If Owen had suffered the same problems as Shola over the years we would literally have never seen the gutless wanker.

Another difference is that when Owen played badly, loads of people blamed it on 'the service'. Shola is expected to be self-sufficient.

he's never going to be better than a lower PL player

Useful in a pinch but if we got a decent offer I'd get rid of him- he could be a hero at a Div 2 - sorry Championship - club

I remember the incident. Shola was moving forward to the ball and Williamson was moving backward - Shola was definitely in the better position to head it. Shola shouted for it so loud that you could hear it on camera, but Williamson either ignored him or was too committed to adjust. The two of them had a bit of an argument afterwards.

Whoever's fault it was, it wasn't clear cut.

It looked like it was Shola's header quite easily.  And he called for it.  Nothing wrong with what Shola did there at all.

he's never going to be better than a lower PL player

Useful in a pinch but if we got a decent offer I'd get rid of him- he could be a hero at a Div 2 - sorry Championship - club

He loves Newcastle Utd man, he's part of the furniture now. Bring on the testimonial IMO.

re: that Arsenal game, search "The Great Shola Ameobi" on everyone's favourite video-sharing site and watch the first 17 seconds.

"It's difficult when your second touch is a tackle" :lol:

re: that Arsenal game, search "The Great Shola Ameobi" on everyone's favourite video-sharing site and watch the first 17 seconds.

"It's difficult when your second touch is a tackle" :lol:

The handball against West Ham is the stupidest thing ever ffs  :lol: