Shola Ameobi

Keefaz

As an FYI - Can't be bothered to do a proper list, so going off FF, these are the fourth choice strikers at other Prem clubs (assuming he is behind the three Bs of Ba, Best and Ben Arfa here)

Ben Arfa is a midfielder. Shola is currently our second/third choice striker...

Feels like a punch in the face. I don't get the "love" for him. What is it based on this year? I get why some find it funny to joke with the "Ameobi dynasty", ironically chant his name and so on (because he is beyond horseshit I hope?  :undecided:), but it has gone to far when far too many clowns decides to invade a pitch due to a Sammy Ameobi goal, as a result of the false love for his older brother, and the beginning of a new Ameobi era. It's just wrong to give a 29 year old with a record of 48 goals in 236 games an extension. Simple question; what has he done to deserve it? Just count the facepalms in this thread and imagine them week in and week out for 3 more years, or maybe 10.

Feels like a punch in the face. I don't get the "love" for him. What is it based on this year? I get why some find it funny to joke with the "Ameobi dynasty", ironically chant his name and so on (because he is beyond horseshit I hope?  :undecided:), but it has gone to far when far too many clowns decides to invade a pitch due to a Sammy Ameobi goal, as a result of the false love for his older brother, and the beginning of a new Ameobi era. It's just wrong to give a 29 year old with a record of 48 goals in 236 games an extension. Simple question; what has he done to deserve it? Just count the facepalms in this thread and imagine them week in and week out for 3 more years, or maybe 10.

Aye he may be a good comedy figure but the desperation by some to keep him here at all costs is rather mind boggling. He can still ride a bicycle whilst eating an apple elsewhere.

A river.

Cry me one.

Incredible that he gets contract after contract while other players get no one.

I think if he asked for what those other players are asking he'd be bombed out pretty sharpish.

Aye, but the players asking for better than what Shola got, are much better players though

I think if he asked for what those other players are asking he'd be bombed out pretty sharpish.

Aye, but the players asking for better than what Shola got, are much better players though

But they are first team players who aren't that great and we could replace for the same money with better players, i.e., Cabaye>Nolan. The only player of real class we haven't re-signed is Enrique and that's because he wants to play for a CL club or challenging for CL at least.

But they are first team players who aren't that great and we could replace for the same money with better players, i.e., Cabaye>Nolan. The only player of real class we haven't re-signed is Enrique and that's because he wants to play for a CL club or challenging for CL at least.

You don't know that Cabaye is better than Nolan yet. He hasn't played a game for us in the PL. I agree with you, from what I've seen, he's the better player. But only time will tell if he's the better player for us.

Barton. Say what you like about his persona, he deserves re-signing on a football level

Barton. Say what you like about his persona, he deserves re-signing on a football level

Yep, sadly the football level isn't the only one that matters, especially not with Joey.

A river.

Cry me one.

Classic.

Yep, sadly the football level isn't the only one that matters, especially not with Joey.

Or Ameobi.