Deadline day approaching: Anything else the cherry on the cake?

The Prophet

Guest optimistic nit

Smith off the wage bill would be tremendous.

Only if we replace him (unfortunately)

we've signed tiote and gosling. sell smith and, if all fit, we'd still have gosling, barton, guthrie and tiote at cm, nolan if there are injuries, and ben arfa may be able to play there as well (i dont know).

played very well against villa, so am not desperate to sell, but if a good offer came in we should think about it.

we've signed tiote and gosling. sell smith and, if all fit, we'd still have gosling, barton, guthrie and tiote at cm, nolan if there are injuries, and ben arfa may be able to play there as well (i dont know).

played very well against villa, so am not desperate to sell, but if a good offer came in we should think about it.

why didnt anyone think of that. i'm sure theres a load of clubs wanting to take him off our hands with those wages that he's sure to want to half.

Would like a striker but if its not to be, then its a good transfer window

Although not a priority, I like when we get foreign youngsters in, so that lad from Lens would be nice, but I guess we dont have to sign him before Tuesday

If we free up a place in the senior squad I still think we need to fill it, although not necessarily with someone in the same position.

Guest optimistic nit

why didnt anyone think of that. i'm sure theres a load of clubs wanting to take him off our hands with those wages that he's sure to want to half.

not really sure what your point is. mine is that he's a good player but we can afford to sell and not buy another cm if an offer comes is, especially if we use the money to buy a striker.

Guest optimistic nit

If we free up a place in the senior squad I still think we need to fill it, although not necessarily with someone in the same position.

thats true. wouldn't like to sell smith anyway. performances and wages aside (although imo he's done well so far) he's a key member of the team, and team spirit will be key this season.

not really sure what your point is. mine is that he's a good player but we can afford to sell and not buy another cm if an offer comes is, especially if we use the money to buy a striker.

my point is that we have very little chance of getting shot of him. you say "sell smith" as if all we have to do is notify other clubs and thats it, he's off................it aint that simple boyo.

Guest optimistic nit

my point is that we have very little chance of getting shot of him. you say "sell smith" as if all we have to do is notify other clubs and thats it, he's off................it aint that simple boyo.

i'm not saying we should sell him, but that we can afford to and not buy another cm.

i'm not saying we should sell him, but that we can afford to and not buy another cm.

oh right. it's just the "sell smith" in your previous post threw me for a sec.

There's room for a forward if we loan out Ranger.

Carroll, Shola, Lovenkrands, Best and one other.

There's also the option of Nolan or Ben Arfa behind one forward.

Xisco?

gonna be a strange deadline day. normally its a case of desperatly watcvhing and hoping for someone to come in. now its gonna be mild interest and hoping we dont sell jonas or someone.

yup a striker would be nice but im not going to be terribly upset if we're done as it is

Guest Heneage

No one out.

That daft rumour on NufcBlog of a Boyata, Assulin, Keane triple deal would be fantastic. I think moving the players who are not good enough (Mainly Smith & Ameobi) shouldn't be done till next year, as we need bodies for this season.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

An experienced utility defender who can play left back would be very useful.  We're in trouble in Jose gets injured (as he periodically does)

Such as?

Edit- Perch is Hughton's cover for LB-