Are Mike and Del Boy Forgiven Now?

MyPalAl
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest malandro

The Journal are suggesting that the money for the new signings (£13m) came from Ashleys pocket, not the clubs.

Is that even possible? Surely the money has to go through the club somehow?

That would have to be transfer/loan fees + wages.

Fair do’s if he has had to fund much needed strengthening out of his own pocket, but as I said in my earlier post it raises questions about how we are ever going to break even. If true, my guess would be that it’s a short term loan related to cash flow.

Personally I’m sick of all the cloak and dagger stuff. Like a lot of supporters I just want to know what the club’s financial position is and what the plan is to deal with it. Stupid ambiguous statements about capital outlay and unsubstantiated suggestions from Luke Edwards aren’t the way forward.

A lot of supporters simply don’t trust Mr Ashley and if the damage done to the relations between support and owner are to be repaired honesty and openness are needed.

The Journal are suggesting that the money for the new signings (£13m) came from Ashleys pocket, not the clubs.

Where does this £13m come from, the Journal doesn't mention £13m does it? Second time i have seen it mentioned on here.

Fair dos if he has had to fund much needed strengthening out of his own pocket, but as I said in my earlier post it raises questions about how we are ever going to break even. If true, my guess would be that its a short term loan related to cash flow.

Personally Im sick of all the cloak and dagger stuff. Like a lot of supporters I just want to know what the clubs financial position is and what the plan is to deal with it. Stupid ambiguous statements about capital outlay and unsubstantiated suggestions from Luke Edwards arent the way forward.

A lot of supporters simply dont trust Mr Ashley and if the damage done to the relations between support and owner are to be repaired honesty and openness are needed.

Why on earth would the club benefit from telling other clubs how much money we have/haven't got? That's not a very good strategy for getting the best transfer deal. :(

From a supporter's view, so long as the club is running within it's budget and the on-field performances are improving, why do I need to know EXACTLY how much money the club has or hasn't got? It's irrelevant to how I'll support the team at the Blackpool match.

Fair dos if he has had to fund much needed strengthening out of his own pocket, but as I said in my earlier post it raises questions about how we are ever going to break even. If true, my guess would be that its a short term loan related to cash flow.

Personally Im sick of all the cloak and dagger stuff. Like a lot of supporters I just want to know what the clubs financial position is and what the plan is to deal with it. Stupid ambiguous statements about capital outlay and unsubstantiated suggestions from Luke Edwards arent the way forward.

A lot of supporters simply dont trust Mr Ashley and if the damage done to the relations between support and owner are to be repaired honesty and openness are needed.

Why on earth would the club benefit from telling other clubs how much money we have/haven't got? That's not a very good strategy for getting the best transfer deal. :(

From a supporter's view, so long as the club is running within it's budget and the on-field performances are improving, why do I need to know EXACTLY how much money the club has or hasn't got? It's irrelevant to how I'll support the team at the Blackpool match.

:thup:

Guest malandro

Fair do’s if he has had to fund much needed strengthening out of his own pocket, but as I said in my earlier post it raises questions about how we are ever going to break even. If true, my guess would be that it’s a short term loan related to cash flow.

Personally I’m sick of all the cloak and dagger stuff. Like a lot of supporters I just want to know what the club’s financial position is and what the plan is to deal with it. Stupid ambiguous statements about capital outlay and unsubstantiated suggestions from Luke Edwards aren’t the way forward.

A lot of supporters simply don’t trust Mr Ashley and if the damage done to the relations between support and owner are to be repaired honesty and openness are needed.

Did I say we needed to know exactly how much money the club or hasn’t got?

Somewhere between creating confusion and inviting Henry Winter to inspect the books there’s a happy medium where people who care about the club aren’t left in the dark. It is, as they say, not rocket science and unless you are thick as two short planks I can only conclude you’re deliberately being a fanny.

A lot of supporters simply dont trust Mr Ashley and if the damage done to the relations between support and owner are to be repaired honesty and openness are needed. [in relation the club's financial position]

Did I say we needed to know exactly how much money the club or hasnt got?

Somewhere between creating confusion and inviting Henry Winter to inspect the books theres a happy medium where people who care about the club arent left in the dark. It is, as they say, not rocket science and unless you are thick as two short planks I can only conclude youre deliberately being a fanny.

Seems you are asking for a clearer picture of the club's financial position, I put it to you that I don't think it's really a priority to keep the fans informed of how much cash the club does/doesn't have.

You counter that I'm thick as two short planks or being a fanny?

???

:lol:

I put it to you that I don't think it's really a priority to keep the fans informed of how much cash the club does/doesn't have.

???

isn't he meaning the general health of the clubs finances?  i.e. debt levels, income levels etc.

that's what i read into it from malandro anyway, not how much they had to spend on players: "I just want to know what the club’s financial position is and what the plan is to deal with it" were the words used

I put it to you that I don't think it's really a priority to keep the fans informed of how much cash the club does/doesn't have.

???

isn't he meaning the general health of the clubs finances?  i.e. debt levels, income levels etc.

that's what i read into it from malandro anyway, not how much they had to spend on players: "I just want to know what the clubs financial position is and what the plan is to deal with it" were the words used

We do that by filing the company accounts every March/April.

I'm quite sure that at one stage, the new regime realised that they may as well say nothing and get hammered, as give a bit of information and get hammered.

No organisation is 100% open with its activities. That's not an option.

I'm quite sure that at one stage, the new regime realised that they may as well say nothing and get hammered, as give a bit of information and get hammered.

This is basically my view, I'm completely mystified that any fans expect the club to release financial details mid-way through a year.

The press and the world at large will make up their own minds anyway, let's just keep our heads down and get on with the job.

Lest we forget, the club get hammered every time they release one of their statements anyway.

???

that's what i read into it from malandro anyway, not how much they had to spend on players: "I just want to know what the clubs financial position is and what the plan is to deal with it" were the words used

That and issuing the occasional statement such as "we made a loss of about £30 million last season, but our aim is to be breaking even in a few years' time."

This is basically my view, I'm completely mystified that any fans expect the club to release financial details mid-way through a year.

The press and the world at large will make up their own minds anyway, let's just keep our heads down and get on with the job.

Lest we forget, the club get hammered every time they release one of their statements anyway.

It's because some people are apparently desperate to find something to complain about.

Guest malandro

???

So why have the club apparently been leaking information about the finances to the Journal?

Guest malandro

That’ll be because th club's statements tend to be ambiguous, contradictory and confrontational. If they could just for once release a statement that clarified what is happening to NUFC a lot of the angst towards them would dissipate.  I’ve already said this once today.

I’d be interested to know if those who are saying supporters shouldn’t care about the finances held the same view when FF was in charge.

That’ll be because th club's statements tend to be ambiguous, contradictory and confrontational. If they could just for once release a statement that clarified what is happening to NUFC a lot of the angst towards them would dissipate.  I’ve already said this once today.

I’d be interested to know if those who are saying supporters shouldn’t care about the finances held the same view when FF was in charge.

I don't think anyone has said supporters shouldn't care about the finances, all I said was that we shouldn't expect to be told details outside of the accounts period.

I know the statements have been generally awful, but it is what it is now. This is the way the Ashley regime have decided to deal with the media, and it won't be changing any time soon.

They give statements that they believe explain things while giving away as much or as little as they are prepared to. That's the reality we're working with now.

If AShley hadn't made some signings this summer I would have expected paying fans to be up in arms and fully justified. As it is, although our outlay has been modest, at least we seem to have improved the squad enough for us to be competitive in this division which for a club like ours is the bare minimum. If we stay up, we should be in a position to strengthen the squad significantly next season, that in turn should see those staying away from games returning. Provide some decent entertainment and people won't begrudge paying to watch it.

Im fully expecting to have £100-£150 slapped on top of my season ticket next year especially after the 3 year deal being finished then, another pre-season of sheer hatred !

To be fair to Big Mike and little Derek, everything gets more expensive these days.

Guest malandro

How many other clubs give regular financial updates to their supporters?

Portsmouth didn’t... until they went tits up.

The thing with NUFC is ever since Ashley took over the club has been banging on about how NUFC was about to go into administration thanks to the mess FF left behind.  Ashley himself said he was going to put £20m a year in, and the club have frequently made proclamations about Ashley lending the club money. They’re the ones who have made the finances a public issue.

Consider the renaming of the ground, for many this is sacrilege but apparently it has to be done because of the club’s mysterious financial position.  Not because they’re greedy. Not because it’s an opportunity for SD to get some cheap exposure.

All I’m saying is the club should come clean. Not open the books up to all and sundry, just provide a broad outline of where we are now and we’re the club is heading. They don’t have to release figures, a clear and unambiguous summary would do.