Are Mike and Del Boy Forgiven Now?

MyPalAl
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

No.

At the end of the day Ashley is a billionaire who is not prepared to invest significant amounts of money on players.

If we dont spend the money then we will not progress, other than surviving in the premier league, its as simple as that. He's also been lucky in that Hughton is turning out to be a quietly effective manager and that players like Carrol have progressed quicker than I expected.

If he was prepared to spend £20 - 25 million net per season then in 4 or 5 years time we could be challenging for honours again - he's not prepared to do it. He lacks the ambition and for a club with our fan base and potential that is unacceptable

:lol: That's insane.

Made more insane by the fact that it looks that we've strengthened very well this transfer window and we've barely spent like £8m. Throwing money at things isn't always the answer.

Well show me the clubs (with the possible exception of Arsenal) who regularly win or challenge for honours over the last 15 years who have not spent significant amounts of money on players on a regular basis.

These insane clubs like Man U, Chelsea, and Liverpool have clearly got it wrong. 

There is more than one way to skin a cat. Look at clubs like Everton and Fulham who have had relative success in the past few years without spending masses of money. You don't become a Man U or a Chelsea overnight.

I just can't understand that most people complained all the way through Shepherd's tenture that he was throwing money away and bleeding the club dry to bring in overhyped and overpaid players.

As soon as we adopt a different approach to things, people complain that we aren't doing what we used to do :lol:

Win us a trophy, League cup will do, then they will be forgiven by me. Until then they are just repairing the damage they done.

Finish 13th and they've repaired the damage, anything above that is an improvement from where we were the season before the takeover.

Forgiveness? WHY?!

Ashley & Co. Ltd not only continued a shameless legacy of mismanagement from Fat Freddie but enacted a PR campaign that was comparable to Comical Ali & The Iraqi Ministry of (Mis)Information during the invasion of the Iraq.

Now that the club is back in the Promised Land of The Premiership, you expect us to forgive & forget? 3 games will not define Ashley & Co. Ltd's history, Keegan, Wise & Kinnear have already written those pages

Llambias said: "It has taken a lot of hard work behind the scenes to bring in a player of Hatem's quality, but we really are delighted that he is now here.

"His signing, along with that of Cheik Tiote, shows our commitment to bringing international class players to St James' Park."

O0

Guest localhero87

Win us a trophy, League cup will do, then they will be forgiven by me. Until then they are just repairing the damage they done.

Finish 13th and they've repaired the damage, anything above that is an improvement from where we were the season before the takeover.

Not really though, because they caused the damage in the first place they kind of owe us a bit more than 'getting back to square one'.

Not really though, because they caused the damage in the first place they kind of owe us a bit more than 'getting back to square one'.

The damage started before this regime came in with the hiring of Graeme Souness. Ashley and co have made plenty of ricks since, but we seem to be headed in the right direction again, so you can either be happy about that or stew.

Guest jonnyameobi

the fat t$£t shouldnt be forgiven just because hes doing what hes meant to as an owner, investing money!!!

Guest localhero87

The damage started before this regime came in with the hiring of Graeme Souness. Ashley and co have made plenty of ricks since, but we seem to be headed in the right direction again, so you can either be happy about that or stew.

In that case I'm stewing one up for you right now.

Been a canny transfer window, HBA signing got everyone happy it seems. Mike and Derek are even getting decent press on here.

So are the 'Cockney Bastards' starting to feel our love?

ridiculous...and no-one should ever forget the relegation

I suppose you don't share the view that relegation was possibly a good thing for the club as it allowed us to wipe the slate clean from the excess and overspend of the Shepherd later years? A general lowering of expectations amongst the media and supporters hasn't gone without notice (and subsequent improvement of our support).

Also, it broke up the monotony of playing the same 17 teams each season, quite enjoyed our random away trips (as a one-off season, not a regular thing)

Lame dude.

Some serious, serious shit being talked in this thread like.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

the fat t$£t shouldnt be forgiven just because hes doing what hes meant to as an owner, investing money!!!

There's no rule that says an owner has to plough their own money into a club, as far as I know.

Toon By Law #43 a-14: Fat Cunts must spend their money; this could be on getting the pints in, buying pies, or if in ownership of a football club buying us proper mint footballers like Alan Shearer.

We don't need to forgive him yer, we just need to be neutral, no point in bloody complaing or praising him.  Just make it so the bloke can take his kids to watch the football club he owns.  I'm surprised he hasn't fucked us over more, if I owned an entertainment business and I couldn't take my kids I'd be fucking livid.

We don't need to forgive him yer, we just need to be neutral, no point in bloody complaing or praising him.  Just make it so the bloke can take his kids to watch the football club he owns.  I'm surprised he hasn't f***ed us over more, if I owned an entertainment business and I couldn't take my kids I'd be f***ing livid.

I agree with that, nothing can change what's happened in the past but we can change the future and he's doing enough to make sure we have a chance of progressing.