Would you take 17th place right now ?

Guest palnese
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

After our last performance i'd take 17th right now. Fair enough i think Stoke will cause some upsets this season and put the shits up a fair few teams but.

We should have won that one.

We're better than more than 3 teams.

We've already lost at home to one of those teams you think we are better than...

What's your point? We also beat Everton and Villa (teams I don't think we're better than).

Over the course of the season you can see which teams are best, not after 6 games.

Guest Roger Kint

The season we went down Bolton got 13th with 41 points, another year 42 sent West Ham down. The way teams are beating each other its could be another high one this season so 17th could be 'accepting' 45+ points for all you know.

We're better than more than 3 teams.

We've already lost at home to one of those teams you think we are better than...

What's your point? We also beat Everton and Villa (teams I don't think we're better than).

Over the course of the season you can see which teams are best, not after 6 games.

So which 3 teams do you think we will be 'better than' come May?

Guest Roger Kint

'Taking 17th' is also accepting that we're going to have a lot of results like Blackpool and Stoke. I'd like to think we were better than that.

Well you can chose to bury your head if you like, it wont change what results we will get either way.

'Taking 17th' is also accepting that we're going to have a lot of results like Blackpool and Stoke. I'd like to think we were better than that.

This season is destined for results like that. My worry is the Sunderland games, I think they could quite easily double us the way Hughton throws away games ATM.

It's not at all. Taking 17th is accepting that survival is above everything else this season.

Of course we should win those sorts of games and of course we should aim for higher than 17th, but it doesn't mean I wouldn't 'take' it right now. It's guarenteed survival.

Guest Roger Kint

It's not at all. Taking 17th is accepting that survival is above everything else this season.

Of course we should win those sorts of games and of course we should aim for higher than 17th, but it doesn't mean I wouldn't 'take' it right now. It's guarenteed survival.

This 100%

I don't know maybe it's just me, but the time I'll start thinking 'I'll take 17th' is after Easter and we're in the bottom 6 with six games to go, not after 6 games where we're in the top half. I could even understand if we're having this debate after the Sunderland game after having picked up less than 6 points but if we've played that game after 7 points from the next 4 games I'd be disappointed with people simply saying they'd take 17th.