Would you take 17th place right now ?

Guest palnese
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guaranteed survival? Ermmmm, yes please. :nods:

Not to say we shouldn't be hoping for higher/better mind. As Dave's said, the bottom 12 teams in the league range from ordinary to dogshit. No reason why we can't have a good season and finish something daft like 11th. I'd take 17th and survival - just for this first season though.

Prior to the season starting, I would have snatched your hand off, but I've seen enough of us, combined with the poor quality of that bottom group of teams to be slightly more optimistic. We've had a better than I expected transfer window too.

We're not a Euro cup candidate or even a top half team, but no reason in my mind that we can't finish around the 12th - 15th mark.

Guaranteed survival? Ermmmm, yes please. :nods:

Not to say we shouldn't be hoping for higher/better mind. As Dave's said, the bottom 12 teams in the league range from ordinary to dogshit. No reason why we can't have a good season and finish something daft like 11th. I'd take 17th and survival - just for this first season though.

:thup:

How can anyone turn their noses up at it? Because we beat Villa 6-0? Does anyone remember Hull in their first season back. We won't continue this run and whilst we are good enough for closer to the top ten, we should appreciate our limitations - I'd snatch 17th with both hands right now tbh.

Guest malandro

Eight months to go until the season ends. Plenty of time for Ashley, Barton or possibly HAB to throw a spanner in the works. I’d take 17th.

No. I don't think we should go into any season thinking 1 place above relegation is fine, we should be looking to finish as high as possible and I believe we can do very well this season. I actually think we can finish pretty high up because we have a team now, the season we got relegated we were seriously dis jointed, but now we have a nice fluency to our play along with potentially two very good additions in key areas to our squad.

No. I don't think we should go into any season thinking 1 place above relegation is fine, we should be looking to finish as high as possible and I believe we can do very well this season. I actually think we can finish pretty high up because we have a team now, the season we got relegated we were seriously dis jointed, but now we have a nice fluency to our play along with potentially two very good additions in key areas to our squad.

So you believe we'll win the league?

Yes.

Yes.

Good man.