John Toshack to leave Wales job

simmsy10

It seems I'm not the most knowledgeable person when it comes to Welsh managers:

Chris Coleman, who is out of work, Dean Saunders, the Wrexham manager who is also Toshack's assistant, and Brian Flynn, who has done an impressive job in his role as the Wales Under-21 coach.

tbf nowhere is as far as they can go.

Not true really - they've got some decent enough players to do better.  not saying they should be qualifying for a major tournament, but they should be closer than they have been.

I have never liked Toshack, especially after he walked after a 3-0 defeat during his first appointment as manager. There is no Welsh manager that sticks out as a good candidate. I don't think Coleman is International material. Speed would have been an obvious choice but has now taken the job at Sheff Utd.

I think it would have to be a foreign manager, I think there is more this Welsh team can offer to be honest, I don't think the team is ready to qualify for a major competition but can do better than they are doing. Its just a pity we didn't get through that playoff V Russia. After going out to Russia and drawing 0-0 we were in pole position but Mark Hughes bottled the home leg with his negative tactics.

I think we are ready for a change, but who is another matter.

Nah, some good players but some abysmal depth. Do they even have a keeper that's first choice at a decent level?

----------------Hennessey----------------

Gunter----Collins----Gabbidon-----Bale

Davies----Collison----Ledley-----Giggs

----------------Ramsey--------------------

---------------------Bellamy---------------

Bench: Myhill, D.Collins, Williams, Ricketts, Koumas, Vaughan, Earnshaw

Actually, that really is a bit s**** :lol:

Plus to get close to that you'd have to persuade half of them to come out of retirement.

However it's a better XI than the current Scotland team and I reckon could push Switzerland for 2nd place in the current group.

EDIT: you'd also have to magically heal Ramsey