Kevin Nolan

Taylor Swift

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

So that's Barton and Nolan who haven't rated Dowie very highly, apparently. Thanks for the write up - good stuff.  :thup:

No real gossip from the Nolan talk in, other than he really, really doesn't like Dowie. Quick summarY;

Worst trainer: Ranger - Nolan has offered to stay behind with him at training and work on finishing etc. Nile always says no.

This sums up Nolan's responsibility for the players and why he's captain. But  it also says quite a bit about Ranger. His finishing skills are a f***ing disgrace. And still he declines help from one of the coolest finishers in the league. What an idiot.

Really good talk in. He also said that he thought ranger could be a top top player

Said when shearer came in he thought everything was being done wrong,  tried to change too much.

Had everyone in stitches when he said dowie looks like rocky at the end of the films.

Only time he seemed a little uneasy was when he was asked about ashley.

Seemed like a great bloke who really loves the club.

Really good talk in. He also said that he thought ranger could be a top top player

Said when shearer came in he thought everything was being done wrong,  tried to change too much.

Had everyone in stitches when he said dowie looks like rocky at the end of the films.

Hardly surprising that. Did anyone ask him about the new contract that is supposedly in the offing?

Good to see positive comments, he's in my opinion the best captain we've had since Shearer. I believe about half of what he's said in A17's write up though.  :shifty:

Nothing much I didn't already know, his attitude is absolutely first class. I believe him 100% when he says Carroll didn't want to go but I also still believe he didn't do enough to persuade him to stay because it was Liverpool, Nolan's home town club. Carroll could easily have been here if Nolan had encouraged him to ignore Ashley's desire for the money.

Nothing much I didn't already know, his attitude is absolutely first class. I believe him 100% when he says Carroll didn't want to go but I also still believe he didn't do enough to persuade him to stay because it was Liverpool, Nolan's home town club. Carroll could easily have been here if Nolan had encouraged him to ignore Ashley's desire for the money.

And his own desire for a fat new contract.

Guest Roger Kint

Said when shearer came in he thought everything was being done wrong,  tried to change too much.

Hardly surprising that. Did anyone ask him about the new contract that is supposedly in the offing?

Did you not read A17's post?

Did you even read the write-up before getting on the agenda-horse? :facepalm:

Newcastle: Loves the place to bits, in the middle of negotiating a new contract to stay here longer. Asked Gary Speed's advice before joining. Speed predicted our relegation at the time.

Did you even read the write-up before getting on the agenda-horse? :facepalm:

Newcastle: Loves the place to bits, in the middle of negotiating a new contract to stay here longer. Asked Gary Speed's advice before joining. Speed predicted our relegation at the time.

He said the club had been very forthcoming with the contract, So it sounds pretty positive?? I think??

And his own desire for a fat new contract.

He'd just signed a fat new contract. Obviously Liverpool turned his head with their big money but we could have made him honour his new contract and Nolan could have done more to keep him here. No one came out of it very well.

Did you not read A17's post?

Saw it after I made this post.