Kevin Nolan

Taylor Swift

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Good move that. Barton said he'd sign if Nolan did, so hopefully we'll get Barton sorted and out the way.

Does anyone reckon that people hope that Barton will follow suit by any chance?

'If Nolan signs a new deal' date=' I will as well'[/quote']

Source

If that's true than Nolan should sign a deal just for Joey to sign a new one. :lol:

Negotiations are at an advanced stage. Most things have been agreed and I would think I will sign next week or the week after.

The gaffer and the board have been great about it. It's almost done and dusted. I want the whole thing over and done with because, until I sign, everyone is going to be asking me about it.

We need to keep important players and sign more, which is what the gaffer intends to do.

I am desperate to bring success to St James' Park. I watched Newcastle in their two FA Cup finals at the end of the Nineties and the fans deserved at least one of those to end in victory. We know we can bring back the good days and go one better by winning a trophy. That is my dream, for it to happen in my time.

Guest Loven11

Good news and I'm happy to hear this too and I'm tempted to get his name on the new shirt for next season.

Negotiations are at an advanced stage. Most things have been agreed and I would think I will sign next week or the week after.

The gaffer and the board have been great about it. It's almost done and dusted. I want the whole thing over and done with because, until I sign, everyone is going to be asking me about it.

We need to keep important players and sign more, which is what the gaffer intends to do.

I am desperate to bring success to St James' Park. I watched Newcastle in their two FA Cup finals at the end of the Nineties and the fans deserved at least one of those to end in victory. We know we can bring back the good days and go one better by winning a trophy. That is my dream, for it to happen in my time.

:smitten:

I'll wait to see who we sign in the summer before deciding if this is good news or not. Hopefully we will use the Carroll money to sign quality and Nolan has been given a new contract because he's an influential squad member.

Eh? Surely keeping hold of our club captain is good news regardless of how much we spend? :lol:

It's about standards. Ambitious clubs don't want players like Nolan no matter how well he's done in our eyes. If he's been given a new contract as a player who has earned it I've no problem with that. If he's been given a new contract to cement his place in the first team for the next three years then it means we are happy with being a top 10 club IMO.

He's so integral to the club at the moment, it's good news that the club have acted - ahead of time in his case.

Personally, I just don't think we can afford to let the likes of Nolan or Barton end up anywhere else. We need both of them for the next 2/3 years if we are going to build something.

Excellent news, seems pretty key to this "great group of lads" Bit of a difference to the way Owen captained the team.

Does anyone reckon that people hope that Barton will follow suit by any chance?

'If Nolan signs a new deal' date=' I will as well'[/quote']

Source

Then Enrique said, "If Barton signs a new deal then I will." Then Messi said, "If Enrique signs a new deal at Newcastle then I will join them in the summer."

You know what you have to do Nolan.

Guest optimistic nit

I'll wait to see who we sign in the summer before deciding if this is good news or not. Hopefully we will use the Carroll money to sign quality and Nolan has been given a new contract because he's an influential squad member.

Eh? Surely keeping hold of our club captain is good news regardless of how much we spend? :lol:

It's about standards. Ambitious clubs don't want players like Nolan no matter how well he's done in our eyes. If he's been given a new contract as a player who has earned it I've no problem with that. If he's been given a new contract to cement his place in the first team for the next three years then it means we are happy with being a top 10 club IMO.

why is it always one thing or another? can you think of any other newly prompted club that would be talking about not being happy as a top 10 club in their first season back up? yes we have a good fan base, and have a good recent history in the PL, but if we want to be in the top 10 and higher we need a solid foundation to build on, not to start demanding europe after one season back in the PL. The club should always be ambitious and look to get better, but right now we should be looking at cementing our premier league status. This season isn't over yet, and by the end of it we may not be sitting in the top 10. many clubs have done well in their first PL season, only to get relegated the season after.

Being a top 10 club mean competing with the likes of Bolton, Aston Villa and Everton, clubs that are better than us now squad wise (had we not sold our only decent striker, i'd say we were level with them, but we have no attack at the moment). If in the next couple of years we can get to a position when we are consistently challenging the likes of Villa and Everton then we will have done very well. if we can push on after that then great, but right now we need to be focussing on challenging them, and its players like Nolan which will help us do that.