Kevin Nolan

Taylor Swift

Joey's tweet man ffs :lol:

Honestly this day just has me depressed now, i've went from "Look how mint our squad will be next season man when we sign the Zog, Erdinc and that" to "Look how s*** our squad will be next season man when we sell Jose, Barton, Nolan, Jonas and that".

The sooner this club just inevitably implodes the easier my life will become.

Guest TurboTrev

Some people need to calm down.

No doubt Nolan has done great for us the last two years on and off the pitch, but teams, clubs and players move on. This is life. Nolan isnt good enough on the pitch if the club/Pardew have ambitions of progressing. Ive said it before, but when he doesnt score, he contributes very little.

Ill be sad to see him go, I like him, he clearly loves the club, but you cant have someone on £40k plus a week for the next 5 years hanging around the dressing room to motivate people.

KK wasnt scared to move people on when we got promoted.

^ Agree with all of this.

And me.

He can fuck off too, twitting shit like that, there has been no talk of Jonas going, and Jose is being a twat over his contract.

Player power needs stamped on!

:lol: Idiot.

Why for having an opinion ?

Joey is a fkn tool for tweeting that

No doubt Nolan has done great for us the last two years on and off the pitch, but teams, clubs and players move on. This is life. Nolan isnt good enough on the pitch if the club/Pardew have ambitions of progressing. Ive said it before, but when he doesnt score, he contributes very little.

Ill be sad to see him go, I like him, he clearly loves the club, but you cant have someone on £40k plus a week for the next 5 years hanging around the dressing room to motivate people.

Fair enough, but When Keegan did it I was confident it was his decision.  This looks a lot more like Ashley's decision that Pardew's

30 Goals in 85 appearances, seems to me getting rid of a 1 in 3ish midfielder who is a known leader might not be the best decision we've ever made. At 28 he could have gone on for another couple of seasons for us comfortably.

17 of those goals in the championship, TBH.

17 goals that still needed scoring, TBH.

His goal scoring rate in the Championship season and last is pretty much identical.

And me.

That was when KK was in charge of the club, not Mike Ashley.

CaulkinTheTimes George Caulkin

Something else: extra years offered Nolan on #NUFC contract were heavily incentivised. IE would only kick in with top10 finishes etc ...

Fucking hell.

We already knew about that.

Just because he hasn't signed the first contract offered does not mean you have to offload him to first club that offers something.

Feel this is the right move. Nolan popped up in the right places and is very good at finding spaces. But feel for a team like us, we need different kind of players than Nolan who makes little impact when not scoring.

Hope the sum is good enough though, anything less than £4,5 million is a joke.

Joey7Barton Joseph Barton

Great player, leader, captain, person, trainer and mostly a friend for life. Devastated to see him SOLD! #mejoseandjonasnext

As much as I like Joey, spouting that on the twitter does not help. Wouldn't be surprised if the club have a word with him about that.

They're probably past caring

Something else: extra years offered Nolan on #NUFC contract were heavily incentivised. IE would only kick in with top10 finishes etc ...

f***ing hell.

You. I've never seen that anywhere.

Guest toonlass

I'm past the point of caring about Joey's Twitter comments rocking the boat somewhat.

The boat's already fucking rocking.

Guest johnson293

:facepalm: The thing with the Caroll sale was there was a massive positive to offset the loss. I really don't see what the fuck we gain from selling him, other than a small-medium transfer fee, while we stand to lose a lot.

At least its to a Championship team, so he won't come back to haunt us (unless in the cup) for at least another season, when he'll be another year older and slower.

f***ing hell.

Was posted on this thread days ago.

Guest icemanblue

He can fuck off too, twitting shit like that, there has been no talk of Jonas going, and Jose is being a twat over his contract.

He is? Not allowed to have an opinion, too, like?

Problem is it increases the number of players we need to bring in because so far this window it's Nolan out and Cabaye in (I know we've released some of the fringe dross but i'm not counting them), so it's square one. Squads already paper thin so how many do we need to come in? If Joey goes and Enrique then that's two more to replace before we even start to bolster the squad.

f***ing hell.

Well you fucking should have, you mong.

/taxfree

f***ing hell.

Was posted on this thread days ago.

Ah  :thup:

He can f*** off too, twitting s*** like that, there has been no talk of Jonas going, and Jose is being a t*** over his contract.

He is? Not allowed to have an opinion, too, like?

He is but no need to tell the whole world. Just makes the situation worse.

So if Westham have a made a good offer then why not accept it? am sorry but we as a club I hope are trying to move forward, as long as he is replaced with a good enough player whats the issue ?

Fucking hell.

I like that,  performance based contracts. Its not like they are not getting payed.  :rolleyes: