Kevin Nolan

Taylor Swift

paulfraserecho Paul Fraser

#nufc ready for more crazy shenanigans. Top scoring skipper Kevin Nolan set for date at #westham for medical. Pardew wanted to keep him!

Hmm....

Oh dear.

Guest johnson293

Craig Gardner would be a massive upgrade on Nolan.

Craig Gardner would be no more than a sideways step in terms of ability.

He has more to his game than Nolan, also is fairly young.

Nolan is hardly old at 28

He turns 29 on 24th June.

With the exception of Lovenkrands (as a Championship side) and short-term deals for the likes of Pancake and Kuqi, Newcastle haven't signed a player above the age of 28 since 2007.

Under Ashley this club will become a farm. Players will be reared, and harvested before they peak.

Guest Loven11

CaulkinTheTimes George Caulkin

Sorry, to clarify for few who hadn't seen, Nolan on way to West Ham for medical. Those criticising him for 5yr deal request - it was a negotiation! Would have taken less, but wanted time so could get family settled in schools etc. Once club accepts bid writing on wall.

I'm not bothered about this as long as we get in forwards to score goals and we have a more athletic replacement in midfield.  I'm more concerned about what this transfer says about the club than actually losing the player.

This.

Oh, my mistake - he's clearly past it then

Pardew wanted to keep him. Absolutely no doubt Nolan wanted to stay. Only 1 man to blame.

wanted to stay so much that with 2 years left on his contract he's willing to drop a division

Pardew wanted to keep him? So now we believe all the twitter cunts all of a sudden?  :lol:

We are starting to get the stability we need into the football club, both financially and within the squad. That stability is one of our most important goals.

“That would give us the security that the club and the playing side needs. We need to get that stability back here, including on the managerial side.

:boomboom:

Sorry, to clarify for few who hadn't seen, Nolan on way to West Ham for medical. Those criticising him for 5yr deal request - it was a negotiation! Would have taken less, but wanted time so could get family settled in schools etc. Once club accepts bid writing on wall.

:sadnod:

No reason why we couldn't have gone back to the negotiating table in 12 months and tried again.

Guest johnson293

Just saying, man!

But we don't have Craig Gardner. And until we do, we shouldn't think of selling Nolan.

We've already had our hopes dashed by Gervinho and Gameiro, let's not start putting yet another player who isn't coming here into lineups and claiming we've improved our squad when we've done no such thing.

We're not interested in that Gardner bloke. Would be a horrible switch.

Why?

:sadnod:

No reason why we couldn't have gone back to the negotiating table in 12 months and tried again.

This club..

I forgot he shares my birthday. :(

I wanna ask, which of the following scenario you guys think is more likely?

A.  The club is forced to let Nolan go as it is unlikely to tie his contract down at a reasonable cost

B.  The club wants to get rid of Nolan for a long time and use the contract row as an excuse

To me it's likely to be B.  I feel like there's a hidden agenda behind the scene to get rid of these high cost players, e.g. Barton, Smith and Nolan.

But we don't have Craig Gardner. And until we do, we shouldn't think of selling Nolan.

We've already had our hopes dashed by Gervinho and Gameiro, let's not start putting yet another player who isn't coming here into lineups and claiming we've improved our squad when we've done no such thing.

We're not interested in that Gardner bloke. Would be a horrible switch.

Why?

Because he is not better than Nolan, and is not the person Nolan is.

A.  The club is forced to let Nolan go as it is unlikely to tie his contract down at a reasonable cost

B.  The club wants to get rid of Nolan for a long time and use the contract row as an excuse

To me it's likely to be B.  I feel like there's a hidden agenda behind the scene to get rid of these high cost players, e.g. Barton, Smith and Nolan.

But the player we've brought in who plays in his role is on higher wages.

We are starting to get the stability we need into the football club, both financially and within the squad. That stability is one of our most important goals.

“That would give us the security that the club and the playing side needs. We need to get that stability back here, including on the managerial side.

:boomboom:

Indeed.

or C the club has a chance to get some money back (fee) and hopefully recycle the wages on a player many wouldn't be putting in their starting XI's next season ?

Just saying, man!

Sorry, not meaning to have a go, but the idea that only players who are under 25 are worth having, that seems quite common on this forum, really pisses me off.  I think we'd all admit that Nolan's game is limited but he has experience and leadership qualities that are already severely lacking in our team.

or C the club has a chance to get some money back (fee) and hopefully recycle the wages on a player many wouldn't be putting in their starting XI's next season ?

Christ, shut up man.