Kevin Nolan

Taylor Swift

So, we are going to bring in young, foreign players with no Premiership experience, whilst the squad's leaders are being sold?

Second-season syndrome anyone?

Weren't you pro Nolan's sale 10 minutes ago?

Don't think he was.

Pretty sickening to see Nolan go (partly for sentimental reasons), but again it's a 'judge them when the transfer window shuts' scenario.

If he's replaced by a better player, fair enough, I cannot complain. If he isn't, and this was just a clear part of the wage reduction plan, then they can fuck off. You don't sell your captain for £4m if you havn't got a plan to move the club forward.

I refuse to be dragged into the 'Ashley is Devil' conspiricy theories, but I can see nowt good coming of this.

30 Goals in 85 appearances, seems to me getting rid of a 1 in 3ish midfielder who is a known leader might not be the best decision we've ever made. At 28 he could have gone on for another couple of seasons for us comfortably.

Especially since his game is not based on pace. He could have done the same job like he's done last season for another few years.

So, we are going to bring in young, foreign players with no Premiership experience, whilst the squad's leaders are being sold?

Your sarcasmeter is broked.

Joey7Barton Joseph Barton

Great player, leader, captain, person, trainer and mostly a friend for life. Devastated to see him SOLD! #mejoseandjonasnext

Nice to see him having a say and obviously caring. Although it probably increases the chances of him being silenced and sold off too.

Great player, leader, captain, person, trainer and mostly a friend for life. Devastated to see him SOLD! #mejoseandjonasnext

:(

At least he's honest. :(

Bye Kevin, bye Joey. Was a nice time the last two years with players that really cared about our club.

Some people need to calm down.

No doubt Nolan has done great for us the last two years on and off the pitch, but teams, clubs and players move on. This is life. Nolan isnt good enough on the pitch if the club/Pardew have ambitions of progressing. Ive said it before, but when he doesnt score, he contributes very little.

Ill be sad to see him go, I like him, he clearly loves the club, but you cant have someone on £40k plus a week for the next 5 years hanging around the dressing room to motivate people.

KK wasnt scared to move people on when we got promoted.

I was open-minded about it. The more I think about it, the crazier a decision it is.

Nice to see him having a say and obviously caring. Although it probably increases the chances of him being silenced and sold off too.

It's nailed on now. The sale is bad enough on its own, but the knock-on effect will be huge. Today is a big day.

How can someone so fat be a great trainer lol?

I thought you were taking the piss. He did actually tweet this! THE FUCK....

Just keep him for another year man. We've got no need to get rid.

Depends on who's doing the pushing like, Nolan or the club.

The crux of the matter - and we're not likely to know the bald truth, just self-serving, mealy-mouthed, fig-leaf comments from both sides...

They've probably made that bid because they know that not a lot more will be needed to complete the deal. Clubs usually have a general idea of how much players are valued. WH wouldn't have made this bid if they knew they were very far off.

The 'derisory' thing is just a negotiation tactic. I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see £3m-ish, maybe £3.5m straight be the deal.

I'm not surprised that this has happened.

For what it's worth, we'll be fine in the long run. Spirit is made by winning. Our team had a great spirit because we won a bunch of games in the Championship and started to win games when we got promoted. If we are able to improve the quality of the first team this summer, I'm sure we'll be better off in the long run with players who are better than Nolan.

I don't know his influence off the pitch so there's no way to evaluate his effect, but we've already bought a double-winning classy CM, who I'm sure will bring his own leadership and 'spirit' into the club.

I am honestly fine with Nolan leaving as long as he is replaced. Hopefully it isn't Gardner because he's not good enough. Hopefully it's someone like Matuidi (who I haven't seen much, but from the limited amount that I've seen, would be better than Nolan).

I think we have to realise that Nolan was very limited on the pitch. His stamina and fitness means that he's a liability late in matches, and his form also markedly dropped after Carroll left. Whether that's due to us playing the ball on the ground more or because we didn't create as many chances as we did, I'm not quite sure. The only thing I suppose I'm sure about is that if we're planning on changing formation and changing our style of play then it is better that we acquire players who have experience in that formation or who have the skill and ability to play it in, rather than do it half-arsed and end up with an unbalanced team.

Guest Haris Vuckic

How can someone so fat be a great trainer lol?

Are you serious?

Some people need to calm down.

No doubt Nolan has done great for us the last two years on and off the pitch, but teams, clubs and players move on. This is life. Nolan isnt good enough on the pitch if the club/Pardew have ambitions of progressing. Ive said it before, but when he doesnt score, he contributes very little.

Ill be sad to see him go, I like him, he clearly loves the club, but you cant have someone on £40k plus a week for the next 5 years hanging around the dressing room to motivate people.

KK wasnt scared to move people on when we got promoted.

Surely it is best to move on with someone better in place of him?

I am not bothered he is old and slow all the Captain team spirit bollocks we are pretty fkd as a club if we have to rely on one man to keep the dressing room happy.

As long as its okay money then fine, we have plenty of timer to replace him.

I was open-minded about it. The more I think about it, the crazier a decision it is.

Ok then.  :thup: