Kevin Nolan

Taylor Swift

Absolutely delighted with this deal. Good character and obviously led the team well but after witnessing Keegan and Robson teams my heart sunk when we bought Nolan. Those two managers would never have touched Nolan with a barge pole...and it's indicative of his worth that only the likes of West Ham were interested. So long Kev, and good luck with Fat Sam.

We cant judge the club on what happens at this point in time - I.E selling Nolan - But what happens afterwards / their next move. Will people rightly complain if the plan this summer has been to build a squad capable of challenging for European qualification, and bring in a top notch CM to replace him?

One thing has concerned me about these signings, especially Cabaye - Pardews been selling them the idea of this 'big project' and getting into europe somehow. What of we finish 12th again next season, or 8th the season after? Because I could see the likes of Cabaye and Ben Arfa elsewhere if we did, imo.

So while there is indication of moving on and rebuilding the team, only time will tell if this has been a better move. As the Italians say, 'A fish rots from its head'...

Surprised and disappointed to see Nolan being sold - this will come back and bite us on the backside, mark my words. Sure he's not the greatest player, but we will miss his leadership and experience. Am sure this will be a decision that has been made by Ashley and Llambias, with it having nothing to do with Pardew. Ashley is taking a huge risk in breaking up the dressing room to buy cheaper and younger players - I for one am not convinced. And also, is this part of the reason as to why they wanted the s/t money in so early?

I cannot believe we are selling Nolan. I'm stunned by this news, just unbelievable. He's been fantastic for us for the last couple of seasons and there is absolutely no reason why he cant be good for another season or 2.

warrenbarton2 Warren Barton

Nolan to west ham..please come on Newcastle!! Need to keep players like that..

Warrenbarton2 :lol:

Love that he puts his squad number on when he isn't part of a squad anymore!

erm maybe its just that he played fullback his whole career?

Maybe? I'm sure that is the reason but I can't help but find it amusing.

Same as I'm sure Shearer has shearer9 as his thing no doubt.

Absolutely delighted with this deal. Good character and obviously led the team well but after witnessing Keegan and Robson teams my heart sunk when we bought Nolan. Those two managers would never have touched Nolan with a barge pole...and it's indicative of his worth that only the likes of West Ham were interested. So long Kev, and good luck with Fat Sam.

What a mental and completely irrelevant thing to say.

Robson bought Carl Cort ffs.

I cannot believe we are selling Nolan. I'm stunned by this news, just unbelievable. He's been fantastic for us for the last couple of seasons and there is absolutely no reason why he cant be good for another season or 2.

Exactly!

If selling Nolan is wage related then you have to wonder why Ashley sanctioned his signing in the first place. Really disappointed with this - even with a highly promising start to the transfer window, it's that all too familiar feeling of one step forward and two steps back. Barton's surely off now as well.

Surprised and disappointed to see Nolan being sold - this will come back and bite us on the backside, mark my words. Sure he's not the greatest player, but we will miss his leadership and experience. Am sure this will be a decision that has been made by Ashley and Llambias, with it having nothing to do with Pardew. Ashley is taking a huge risk in breaking up the dressing room to buy cheaper and younger players - I for one am not convinced. And also, is this part of the reason as to why they wanted the s/t money in so early?

They would be lucky to sell 10,000 season tickets if people knew Nolan was leaving.

Guest johnson293

If selling Nolan is wage related then you have to wonder why Ashley sanctioned his signing in the first place. Really disappointed with this - even with a highly promising start to the transfer window, it's that all too familiar feeling of one step forward and two steps back. Barton's surely off now as well.

Because that was January 2009, before we were relegated.

We cant judge the club on what happens at this point in time - I.E selling Nolan - But what happens afterwards / their next move. Will people rightly complain if the plan this summer has been to build a squad capable of challenging for European qualification, and bring in a top notch CM to replace him?

One thing has concerned me about these signings, especially Cabaye - Pardews been selling them the idea of this 'big project' and getting into europe somehow. What of we finish 12th again next season, or 8th the season after? Because I could see the likes of Cabaye and Ben Arfa elsewhere if we did, imo.

So while there is indication of moving on and rebuilding the team, only time will tell if this has been a better move. As the Italians say, 'A fish rots from its head'...

I would agree with this usually but quite frankly we have seen this all before.

Players sold, no/few replacements in and then some half hearted bull that we tried at the last moment but couldnt get the deals done.

As we say in England " When Llambias speaks, shite spews"

You sort of missed the point. Robson bought bad players as well as good, but he had a policy of filling the side with pace and movement, especially through the middle. Both managers believed in passing football and for me, to get the best out of Nolan you need big lads fighting for the set pieces.

Can't really disagree with that.

Guest Haris Vuckic

At least we haven't sold him on the day the window closes.

Yeh frees up the paper space for Tiote or some such.

I honestly have very little fears about this deal. As long as there is not a mass exodous after it, ie Jonas leaving, as Jose and Joey are pretty much off already. He's been great for us, but he's 28 and we're not going to be able to make money off of him in the future. This is just the business we have to go used to with the club going forward.

Surely Ashley's strategy is clear to us all by now? It's all about maintaining an overall profit on transfers. Enrique is almost certain leave now he has genuine value, Barton's departure is likely, Tiote will certainly be cashed in on if he maintains his performances next season, and Arfa will provide a tidy profit after next season if he plays to his potential.