Kevin Nolan

Taylor Swift

We shouldn't build a team around Best. He's just been better that season whenever he played than Shola and Lovenkrands.

Based on this season alone, he's a good PL striker. There's no real arguement against the lad.

Guest Roger Kint

Bollocks. He put in a decent shift today. Would of scored without that cracking save from Foster.

Honestly.

He didn't play well today.

Not many did to be honest though, dont see a rush to fill the Jonas thread with similar 'utter crap' statements even though he was worse.

Best should be our 4th choice next season, meaning we need to buy 3 strikers in the summer. Not going to happen like.

Fingers crossed we sell Lovenkrands and Ameobi while loaning out Ranger and releasing Kuqi.

As usual, the truth is somewhere between the two extremes!

He did well to get into good positions, did well at times with his defending and passing - but often looked ragged, lethargic and fluffed a few good chances (not to deny Foster the credit he deserves).

Meaningless friendly (for all intensive purposes) though, no reliable conclusions to be drawn from it. His goalscoring record for us in the league counts for a lot though. Worth his place in the starting XI next season unless we suddenly get very rich.

We shouldn't build a team around Best. He's just been better that season whenever he played than Shola and Lovenkrands.

Based on this season alone, he's a good PL striker. There's no real arguement against the lad.

I know. But this season saw him play about 10 times. It's not possible to really rate him after that number of games.

But he should stay here, be our current Nr. 1 striker if fit and should definitely play a part next season.

Jonas was miles better, fucking hell. skinned plenty of their players quite a few times tbf to him. Nolan was just pap at everything he did, bar taking up one or two good positions that he fucked up massively.

Bollocks. He put in a decent shift today. Would of scored without that cracking save from Foster.

Honestly.

Not many did to be honest though, dont see a rush to fill the Jonas thread with similar 'utter crap' statements even though he was worse.

If it wasn't for players like Jonas we'd never get the ball out of our half. Players like Nolan who can't carry the ball 5 yards are dependent on Jonas' legs whether he crosses well at the end of it or not.

Guest sicko2ndbest

I saw Nolan out the other night and he looked wasted

Now i am not one of these people who think footballers should lead sheltered lives, but when he is overweight, immobile and puffing after one run, i draw the line

I think this season has been a good one in terms of goalscoring for him, but i dont think he can repicate it season after season.

He needs to be fitter next season and have more of an influence in games or he needs replacing

Was a terrific save, like

He was badly hampered by his groin injury today like. Was holging his groin loads during the game.

He isn't really a midfielder. His best work is when the ball is dead and he can get himself into position when the ball pings around in the penalty area. In the midfield you won't ever see him carry the ball or press the ball because he's too slow. Charlie Adam's clumsy crippling of Bale today reminded me of everything bad about Nolan. Too slow. too shit.