Kevin Nolan

Taylor Swift

Guest bimpy474

How can it be considered a "contract snub" when he's still got two years left to run on his current deal? To my mind the decision to leave talks of a new contract until next season is perfectly reasonable.

:snod:

I'll chuck in the words paper shitstirring.

Whilst Nolan is an integral player at the club at the mo, no way should we consider having him here until he's 33/34. Let him see out the remaining 2 years and, if at the end of that time he's still performing, only then should the club consider offering an extension. IMO it's taking a risk to extend his current deal - we don't want another Butt situation, where we're sick of him and desperate to see him go.

How can it be considered a "contract snub" when he's still got two years left to run on his current deal? To my mind the decision to leave talks of a new contract until next season is perfectly reasonable.

I'll chuck in a few more: players whining through the media.

in fact the more i think on it the smarter by the club it is imo, he's done well this year but there was a tailing off in performance after Carroll left so keep an eye on how he does next year before committing any further

Guest bimpy474

I'll chuck in a few more: players whining through the media.

Yep....hard done by arent they.

Wouldn't be surprised if he was about as effective as he is now, actually... but yeah, this was one of my guesses for the MDouglas 'treason' - Captain Nolan thinking about going/agreeing to go.

Fwiw, I can't imagine he or anyone would expect him to be given a 4 year £50k p/w contract - I'd bet it would've come with a healthy cut. As for why it's happening (IF it's happening), I believe that it's finally properly dawning on the players that 'this group of lads' is meant to be disbanded, not evolved.

Wouldn't be surprised if he was about as effective as he is now, actually... but yeah, this was one of my guesses for the MDouglas 'treason' - Captain Nolan thinking about going/agreeing to go.

Fwiw, I can't imagine he or anyone would expect him to be given a 4 year £50k p/w contract - I'd bet it would've come with a healthy cut. As for why it's happening (IF it's happening), I believe that it's finally properly dawning on the players that 'this group of lads' is meant to be disbanded, not evolved.

or maybe "this group of lads" can't expect to earn bonus years based on being a "group of lads" and should accept that we are evolving.

Absolutely bonkers to want to tie someone on £50k a week to that sort of deal until they're 33. He's not exactly Mr Mobility as it is, even if his leadership qualities far outweight that.

That's the kind of deal Martin O'Fucking Neill did for us.

Habib Beye, 40k a week till 35, Emile Heskey 60k a week till 35.

or maybe "this group of lads" can't expect to earn bonus years based on being a "group of lads" and should accept that we are evolving.

I'd reckon 80 is more right than wrong. The old guard are to be put out to pasture. If the new breed are of the Tiote, Arfa, Cabaye ilk I can't say I'm too concerned, but it has the potential to go pear shaped I'm sure.

Beye still has 2 years left?  :lol:

Contract expires August 2012, when he'll be two months from his 35th birthday.

Another of the "realise you despereately need a player and it's getting late, sign someone uninspiring, decide you don't like him, throw your toys out the pram when the chairman points at him and suggests 2m a year is a bit of a waste of money" brigade.

I pray MON gets the Fulham job. Can't wait to see him try that shit with Al Fayed.

Beye still has 2 years left?  :lol:

Contract expires August 2012, when he'll be two months from his 35th birthday.

Another of the "realise you despereately need a player and it's getting late, sign someone uninspiring, decide you don't like him, throw your toys out the pram when the chairman points at him and suggests 2m a year is a bit of a waste of money" brigade.

I pray MON gets the Fulham job. Can't wait to see him try that shit with Al Fayed.

Ah, still pretty bad. I honestly thought he must have left you by now.

I'd reckon 80 is more right than wrong. The old guard are to be put out to pasture. If the new breed are of the Tiote, Arfa, Cabaye ilk I can't say I'm too concerned, but it has the potential to go pear shaped I'm sure.

The old guard aren't being put out to pasture as far as I can tell. They just aren't getting inflated deals based on their "group of lads" valuation criteria.

The Toon hierarchy have refused to extend his current contract at St James’ Park.

But the club has shelved plans to discuss his contract until the end of next season ­leaving Nolan in complete limbo.

Biggest load of 'journalism' bollocks ever. Ignore it.