Kevin Nolan

Taylor Swift

Guest sicko2ndbest

Right my take

Barton/Nolan are older players who want long contracts to see outcrheir careers. The board, rightly so, are not giving out these 'pension top up' contracts out.

The players will say ' but look at what we have done for the club, we stayed loyal and got you back up to the premiership and kept you there virtually single handedly'

The clubs stance ' we appreciate what you have done for the club butcyou were also paid very handsomely to do it, over 50k a week each. Joey there is no certainty that you will not blow up again at some point if things start going bad, you were paid a kings ransom while at her majesties pleasure and you are a little too outspoken on club matters. Kevin, goals aside you offer very little, and your weight is obviously an issue which is not going to improve in your latter years. I doubt you will hit those goals again as this season was very much a one off. Joey we have cabaye who can play in your position and Kevin I see Hatem in your role next year'

I think the club have played this right

(puts tin hat on)

I reckon some of the players hate Nolan. Reason being he's the type of t*** we've all played with who always shouts at other people whenever a mistake is made, even if he's the one who made it ("why'd you pass the ball to my f***ing feet at a reasoanble pace you c***, didn't you see there was an opposition player 10 yards away from me??"), yet there's noone to give him an earful whenever he cocks up (which he does alot, especially when letting opposition midfielders drift by). Bound to have some players resent him.

Same applies for Danny Simpson, who seems to be happy to give other people an earful and reacts aggressively whenever he's blamed for making a mistake.

Hate twats like that, they try to make themselves look good by criticising others and effectively create a bullying environment on the pitch where certain players get picked on. It's just a facade to cover for their own shitness. It's not a coincidence that most top teams don't have twats like these in their lineups (Roy Keane maybe being an exception, even then he rarely shouted at his teammates like these twats do).

That seems like a pretty epic extrapolation on the very limited information we have tbf M8.

I think Nolan has been very careful not to criticise the board.  He has always given the impression that what happens behind closed doors stays there especially where NUFC are concerned because if it doesn't (as has happened before), it contributes to the air of instability that is normally associated with the club.  A lot of what is quoted as being said at talk-ins is exaggerated or put in a way that is open to misinterpretation.

At the more high profile talk-ins there are usually people present there from the club - there certainly was at Joey Barton's at the Hilton as well as reps from Puma.

In this day, when players are accused of being remote from the supporters, I think it is good that they do these things especially when there is little effort from the club to engage with the supporters.

Right my take

Barton/Nolan are older players who want long contracts to see outcrheir careers. The board, rightly so, are not giving out these 'pension top up' contracts out.

The players will say ' but look at what we have done for the club, we stayed loyal and got you back up to the premiership and kept you there virtually single handedly'

The clubs stance ' we appreciate what you have done for the club butcyou were also paid very handsomely to do it, over 50k a week each. Joey there is no certainty that you will not blow up again at some point if things start going bad, you were paid a kings ransom while at her majesties pleasure and you are a little too outspoken on club matters. Kevin, goals aside you offer very little, and your weight is obviously an issue which is not going to improve in your latter years. I doubt you will hit those goals again as this season was very much a one off. Joey we have cabaye who can play in your position and Kevin I see Hatem in your role next year'

I think the club have played this right

(puts tin hat on)

agree. we should not pay silly money to extend those deals. Barton i think we could offer 1 year or maybe 2 year extension. But why on earth should we extend nolans contract when he has 2 years left.  Who would want him in the starting line up 2 years from now....he could easily become an expensive player who simply isn´t good enough!

sell him after next season and extend bartons deal if he wants later on and deserves it!

Guest magpie99

As they say, there is no room for sentiment in football. The board is reviewing the usefulness of the squad in an effort to take the next step upwards and it is clear that Barton and Nolan, in their minds, are on the decline and therefore replaceable.

Old red nose at Man Utd has been doing this for years. If you go back to thwe likes of Keane and Beckham, Van Nistelrooy and Stam, Cole and Yorke, once they had outlived their usefulness, they were moved on.

I see no reason why this shouldnt happen at NUFCand if all the rumours are true and we are signing players of the quality in Gervinho, Gameiro, Zog, and/or Cabaye, then we are heading in the right direction and I cannot see where Barton and Nolan would fit in permanently in the grand scheme of things. I doubt either would settle down to be bench warmers so It seems obvious to let them go if the opportunities arise and we can get some money back in for them.

Obviously moving players on to keep your squad moving in the right direction makes sense.  My issue with the scenario above though, as it's laid out, would be if Pardew is not the one making the calls on whose time is up.  A manager can be right or wrong about those things, no one gets them 100%, but right or wrong he needs to be the one making that call.  Given what we know about how our board operate there's a good chance he's not. 

Guest magpie99

I dont believe for one minute that Pardew has the final say on transfers and that he is merely a puppet in Ashley's chain. I recall how close the players were to Hughton and I have a feeling part of his downfall was his refusal to accept Andy Carroll was going to be sold.

In my opinion, Pardew is similar. He has got close to the players and he may possibly be over rulled by some of them. We will probably never know. However,. as someone said on this thread, Nolan will probably never score 12 goals in a season again and apart from his goals and leadership, he contributed little else on the park.

It would appear judging by the type of players we are looking at that management at the club want to return to a semblance of the entertainers and I can see that happening but not with Nolan and Barton in the team.

Obviously moving players on to keep your squad moving in the right direction makes sense.  My issue with the scenario above though, as it's laid out, would be if Pardew is not the one making the calls on whose time is up.  A manager can be right or wrong about those things, no one gets them 100%, but right or wrong he needs to be the one making that call.  Given what we know about how our board operate there's a good chance he's not. 

Yeah, but let's face it, we all know managers aren't 100% in control of the clubs finances and therefore contracts they offer.

Nolan was offered a new contract a fortnight ago, but the terms fell significantly short of what he was looking for, and it has been turned down by his representative.

For his part, Nolan – whose agent has been in discussions since March – had been keen for the deal to be done last month.

The former Bolton Wanderers player, a key figure in the club’s revival over the past two seasons, doesn’t want to leave Newcastle, but the development is said to have left him “upset and disillusioned”.

Is he a greedy cunt as well then?

Guest icemanblue

It's such a shame that all of these players, who have played an integral part in getting us back on our feet, have turned out to be selfish, greedy cunts, like. 

Wonder how much hes looking for though.We are going to have an even smaller squad by the looks of it soon

He's got two years left on his contract..

He'll be 31 by the time his current deal runs out by the way, who here thinks that Kevin Nolan should be getting £40-£50k a week here when he's 32-33?