Kevin Nolan

Taylor Swift

Man United have the most together squad in the country because they keep so many players for long spells and create a solid base. Too many people think football works like a computer game, in a vacuum without the need for management of actual human beings who behave like everyone else.

Aye. Added to that, I can't believe how many on here would replace the likes of Barton and Nolan with 'quality' players.

We've been there before, we had players like Owen, Luque, Emre, Martins, N'Zogbia and so on and we ended up relegated.

Yeah, what wankers wanting to sign quality players. :angry:

Man United have the most together squad in the country because they keep so many players for long spells and create a solid base. Too many people think football works like a computer game, in a vacuum without the need for management of actual human beings who behave like everyone else.

Aye. Added to that, I can't believe how many on here would replace the likes of Barton and Nolan with 'quality' players.

We've been there before, we had players like Owen, Luque, Emre, Martins, N'Zogbia and so on and we ended up relegated.

The thing is, I wasn't saying 'sign', I was saying 'replace'. Big difference really.

It's such a shame that all of these players, who have played an integral part in getting us back on our feet, have turned out to be selfish, greedy c***s, like.  

What?  Without knowing the details of the contract(s), how the f*** can you make such a sweeping ridiculous statement?

Sarcasm, mate.

This whole charade will be played out each time one of our established players is due to sign a new deal.

Aye, see the post above yours, my appologies.  Agree by the way, Colo will be the next to 'reject' his contract.

Exactly.

Look at today's Shield's Gazzette - 'Nolan rejects contracts'. Shows how many of the local papers/journos are in Ashley's pocket.

Well you're right, but then you're not, because I don't think there's a single person on here who would disagree with this.

EH?!

Anyone who thinks some random foreigners with equal talent to Barton and Nolan would have dragged us to a point against Arsenal has a fucking screw loose. One of Arsenal's main problems now is the lack of grit and bottle that these players have in spades. Fair enough, don't keep well meaning shite but we're talking about our captain, leading goalscorer and main creative midfielder!

Anyone who thinks some random foreigners with equal talent to Barton and Nolan would have dragged us to a point against Arsenal has a fucking screw loose. One of Arsenal's main problems now is the lack of grit and bottle that these players have in spades. Fair enough, don't keep well meaning shite but we're talking about our captain, leading goalscorer and main creative midfielder!

:clap:

Anyone who thinks some random foreigners with equal talent to Barton and Nolan would have dragged us to a point against Arsenal has a f***ing screw loose. One of Arsenal's main problems now is the lack of grit and bottle that these players have in spades. Fair enough, don't keep well meaning s**** but we're talking about our captain, leading goalscorer and main creative midfielder!

Of course, the "random foreigners" may not have gone 4-0 down in the first place.

How awful it would be to have a team full of random foreigners.  Like say for example - Arsenal.  Would hate to be like Arsenal.  Champions League football every year - no, not for me.

All you need is a good old bit of English grit and determination.

Anyone who thinks some random foreigners with equal talent to Barton and Nolan would have dragged us to a point against Arsenal has a f***ing screw loose. One of Arsenal's main problems now is the lack of grit and bottle that these players have in spades. Fair enough, don't keep well meaning s**** but we're talking about our captain, leading goalscorer and main creative midfielder!

What I couldn't find the words to say. Sums it all up.

How awful it would be to have a team full of random foreigners.  Like say for example - Arsenal.  Would hate to be like Arsenal.  Champions League football every year - no, not for me.

All you need is a good old bit of English grit and determination.

Exactly.  Do people class Tiote as a random foreigner?

How awful it would be to have a team full of random foreigners.  Like say for example - Arsenal.  Would hate to be like Arsenal.  Champions League football every year - no, not for me.

You really think we would become a team like Arsenal with Ashley as owner? Very optimistic of you.

Yeah Arsenal are the ones doing it wrong, thank fuck we're not in their position.

Will they be leading goalscorer in the 2013-4 season, and main creative midfielder in the 2012-3 season?

No-one's doubting what they did last year, we're talking about do they deserve extensions to their contracts on the pay they'll no doubt be wanting.

Man Utd are at the top so can do that. We're on our way up so have to evolve to improve.

Tell me, do you think in the early and mid 90s we'd have pushed Man Utd so close for the title with Sellars, Venison and Bracewell, or do you think adding something different and replacing them with the likes of Ginola & Albert had something to do with getting to the next level?

When I first heard that Nolan was to be offered a new contract I said on here somewhere that if it were true, the club were happy to avoid relegation every year. Because that is what Nolan is - a player who will score the goals to avoid relegation but will prevent you from getting any further forward. If we are not offering him a new contract I am absolutely delighted. He's welcome to stay two more years of course but that's his decision. As far as I'm concerned this is progress. Whether it' down to ambition is yet to be proven but I'll take Cabaye over Nolan any day of the week.

The thing is, I wasn't saying 'sign', I was saying 'replace'. Big difference really.

My point still stands.

I normally agree with everything you post, but this is far too simplistic.

Is Tiote a 'random foreigner'? It's far too easy to label all foreign players as gutless bottlejobs and all English players as heart-filled warriors. Nonsensical stereotypes. I do agree we should be keeping Barton and Nolan because at the moment they are our better players and should be built upon not replaced, but ultimately they are average-to-good midtable players who are seemingly asking for CL players wages until they're 31/32. Offer them what we think they are worth, and probably what most clubs would value them at - if they aren't happy then we shouldn't be held to ransom.

Is Tiote a 'random foreigner'? It's far too easy to label all foreign players as gutless bottlejobs and all English players as heart-filled warriors. Nonsensical stereotypes. I do agree we should be keeping Barton and Nolan because at the moment they are our better players and should be built upon not replaced, but ultimately they are average-to-good midtable players who are seemingly asking for CL players wages until they're 31/32.

Especially since it was that random foreigner Tiote who scored the equlizer.

Is Tiote a 'random foreigner'? It's far too easy to label all foreign players as gutless bottlejobs and all English players as heart-filled warriors. Nonsensical stereotypes. I do agree we should be keeping Barton and Nolan because at the moment they are our better players and should be built upon not replaced, but ultimately they are average-to-good midtable players who are seemingly asking for CL players wages until they're 31/32.

Especially since it was that random foreigner Tiote who scored the equlizer.

And was the best player on the pitch.

If these 2 are irreplaceable, then we really need to be making plans so that they are not imo.

It's got nothing to do with players being irreplaceable.  We're telling players that once you get to a certain age we'll ship them out, even if they love the place and want to settle here. 

Like Wenger has done his entire time at Arsenal?

Did he really? Berkamp, Adams, Campbell, Lehmann, Pires suggest otherwise imo.

All of them offered reduced contracts and one years deals, if not accepted they were moved on.

But it is Wenger's decision rather than the people above him.  All the signs indicate that Pardew wants him to stay in which case it points to him having little influence in such matters which is not a good thing.

If these 2 are irreplaceable, then we really need to be making plans so that they are not imo.

It's got nothing to do with players being irreplaceable.  We're telling players that once you get to a certain age we'll ship them out, even if they love the place and want to settle here. 

Like Wenger has done his entire time at Arsenal?

Did he really? Berkamp, Adams, Campbell, Lehmann, Pires suggest otherwise imo.

All of them offered reduced contracts and one years deals, if not accepted they were moved on.

But it is Wenger's decision rather than the people above him.  All the signs indicate that Pardew wants him to stay in which case it points to him having little influence in such matters which is not a good thing.

All the signs are that we're offering deals but not what they want. I'm sure if those players listed had been asking for more than being offered to them, they'd have went too.

Nobody knows the exact ins and outs of Nolan & Bartons contract but I'm sure most will agree that we cannot be held to ransom by our players even if they are our better players?

If its true that Barton wants the 4 year deal instead of 3 should we give in because he had a good season and is one of our better players.

Same for Nolan, proved a lot wrong on here, me included but he can't hold the club to ransom.

For the people on this forum that want to keep Barton and Nolan what should we do to keep them. In an ideal world I would like them to sign, ideally again to fall into the wage structure set, I don't think they are our best players but given their influence and experience and their last season I would be happy to see them on the highest that we are willing to pay players.

Guest neesy111

It's such a shame that all of these players, who have played an integral part in getting us back on our feet, have turned out to be selfish, greedy c***s, like. 

What?  Without knowing the details of the contract(s), how the f*** can you make such a sweeping ridiculous statement?

Sarcasm, mate.

This whole charade will be played out each time one of our established players is due to sign a new deal.

Aye, see the post above yours, my appologies.  Agree by the way, Colo will be the next to 'reject' his contract.

Exactly.

Look at today's Shield's Gazzette - 'Nolan rejects contracts'. Shows how many of the local papers/journos are in Ashley's pocket.

Utterly Predictable.

Guest neesy111

If Nolan and Barton want new contracts at their terms then for me they need to do it 2 seasons in a row in the premiership.  I've seen plenty of 1 season wonders at this club and throughout the league's history to show that having 1 good season doesn't automatically make a player 'quality'.