Kevin Nolan

Taylor Swift

Put it this way, Shola Ameobi has a 1 in 5 goalscoring record.

Anichebe's is 1 in 10. Damning evidence indeed.

Not that stats are particularly necessary to confirm his offensive incompetence.

I hate this uncertainty with Nolan, he is a key man here at NUFC and I always thought he was the one you could put your money on being here next season. Its ridiculous that this is happening, it needs to be sorted ASAP imo, and by sorted I mean him still being here.

If the top 7 clause is true, I don't blame Nolan for rejecting the "offer".

Particularly when the main factor in getting a top 7 finish is the amount of money Ashley is going to invest this summer.

Am actually finding these kinds of details on contract "incentives" for players a bit unsettling.

They sound a bit smart arse to me, and coming from a world which is not football.

Straightforward bonuses ok, everyone can understand that concept.

Am assuming here there is no extension offer for him at all if we finish outside top 7, if I'm reading it right...

Lots of clubs have had these sorts of incentives.

These kind of incentives?

It's the first time I've heard of a contract extension being dependant on a club's finishing position.

Perfomance related bonuses etc.. Tbh I am not sure I would want Nolan extending his contract right now. I don't want him to leave but will 2 years left on his contract I am happy to wait.

I hate this uncertainty with Nolan, he is a key man here at NUFC and I always thought he was the one you could put your money on being here next season. Its ridiculous that this is happening, it needs to be sorted ASAP imo, and by sorted I mean him still being here.

My feelings exactly.

It's the first time I've heard of a contract extension being dependant on a club's finishing position.

We could have finished Top 7 this season, given a couple of quality additions to the squad. A lot of this was based upon the goals of Nolan.

The contract offer sounds like the club saying "go and show that it wasn't a one-off season" and we'll reward you for it.

You can argue for/against whether this is a slap in the face or a shrewd incentive for the club captain.

Perfomance related bonuses etc.. Tbh I am not sure I would want Nolan extending his contract right now. I don't want him to leave but will 2 years left on his contract I am happy to wait.

FWIW, if he has another season like this one, he'll be fully deserving of another year (on top of his remaining one) for a bit more dosh. He'll have been performing above expectations for 3 years, so even if he was utter dogshite for the last two (which I don't think he'd let himself be), we'd have got our money's worth.

We could have finished Top 7 this season, given a couple of quality additions to the squad. A lot of this was based upon the goals of Nolan.

The contract offer sounds like the club saying "go and show that it wasn't a one-off season" and we'll reward you for it.

You can argue for/against whether this is a slap in the face or a shrewd incentive for the club captain.

It's a shit incentive and a slap in the face.

Nolan can give 100% all game every game and we could still finish 14th from injuries, suspensions, dodgy ref calls, gutless performances from others etc.  It's not a good deal to take because so much of that final position is out of his hands.

Guest BooBoo

Very true, the longer this uncertainty goes on, the more likely the sense of unrest amongst the players will grow.

Nolan can give 100% all game every game and we could still finish 14th from injuries, suspensions, dodgy ref calls, gutless performances from others etc.  It's not a good deal to take because so much of that final position is out of his hands.

True, but also from the club's perspective, if we finish 7th then we will need a bigger squad (to cope with the additional games; making the group stage would be the minimum expectation) so the plan to keep improving upon the squad we have wouldn't be held back by Nolan staying on as he would play more than enough games (25-30) throughout the course of the league and 3 cup competitions.

Also, with the higher league prize money plus the increase in tv revenue (two-fold, once from Europa matches on ITV/5ive, more of our matches will already be moved to Sunday so the possibility of them being picked up by SKY might increase as we're already quite popular with them) - the increase in Nolan's wages and the additional year would be absorbed.

True, but also from the club's perspective, if we finish 7th then we will need a bigger squad (to cope with the additional games; making the group stage would be the minimum expectation) so the plan to keep improving upon the squad we have wouldn't be held back by Nolan staying on as he would play more than enough games (25-30) throughout the course of the league and 3 cup competitions.

Also, with the higher league prize money plus the increase in tv revenue (two-fold, once from Europa matches on ITV/5ive, more of our matches will already be moved to Sunday so the possibility of them being picked up by SKY might increase as we're already quite popular with them) - the increase in Nolan's wages and the additional year would be absorbed.

True, but the wire fox terrier was developed in England by fox hunting enthusiasts and is believed to be descended from a now-extinct rough-coated, black-and-tan working terrier of Wales, Derbyshire, and Durham. The breed was also thought to have been bred to chase foxes into their underground burrows; the dogs' short, strong, usually docked tails were used as handles by the hunter to pull them back out.

Although it is said Queen Victoria owned one, and her son and heir, King Edward VII of Great Britain did own the wire fox terrier, Caesar, the wire fox terrier was not popular as a family pet until the 1930s, when The Thin Man series of feature films was created. Asta, the canine member of the Charles family, was a Wire-Haired Fox Terrier, and the popularity of the breed soared. Milou (Snowy) from The Adventures of Tintin comic strip is also a Wire Fox Terrier.

True, but the wire fox terrier was developed in England by fox hunting enthusiasts and is believed to be descended from a now-extinct rough-coated, black-and-tan working terrier of Wales, Derbyshire, and Durham. The breed was also thought to have been bred to chase foxes into their underground burrows; the dogs' short, strong, usually docked tails were used as handles by the hunter to pull them back out.

Although it is said Queen Victoria owned one, and her son and heir, King Edward VII of Great Britain did own the wire fox terrier, Caesar, the wire fox terrier was not popular as a family pet until the 1930s, when The Thin Man series of feature films was created. Asta, the canine member of the Charles family, was a Wire-Haired Fox Terrier, and the popularity of the breed soared. Milou (Snowy) from The Adventures of Tintin comic strip is also a Wire Fox Terrier.

Really? I did not realise that, but Albert Einstein was best known for his theory of relativity, E=mc2. He was also a musician, a comedian, a Nobel peace laureate and a kleptomaniac.

Albert Einstein was born in Germany in the late 1800's. When he was in school there he was always getting into trouble. He was constantly playing pranks on his teachers and classmates in school. It was in school playing a prank when Einstein became interested in physics. He blew a spitball at the back of a classmate's neck. He became interested in the dynamics of the spitball and ended up understanding differential and integral calculus. Even so, before he was finished with high school, his prank playing got him expelled from school.

He never did let his parents learn that he had been kicked out of school. He instead auditioned with the London Symphony and got in the symphony. He went on to become the 'first chair'. He was known as a brilliant violin soloist. But he was not liked in the symphony either because of his non-conformity and his continuous pranks. He would add his own musical improvisation, a prank in the middle of a musical piece before an audience. The conductor would get so mad at him, as would the other members of the orchestra. He was asked to leave the symphony.

Einstein moved to America and went directly to Vaudeville where he became a comedian. Audiences there liked him very well. He was known as Albert 'fuzz ball' Einstein. He performed in Vaudeville for about 15 years. But one day a fellow performer, a ventriloquist who had lost his puppet, found his puppet and 200 other stolen items belonging to others, in Einstein's dressing room. Einstein was thereafter known as the Comic Kleptomaniac. He was finished being a comedian.

From Sky Sports Transfer Clockwatch:

@SkyBet_Steve: We are continuing to see money for Kevin Nolan to make the move from Newcastle to West Ham. The Toon skipper is now 4/11 to make the move to London with Fulham 4/1 shots.

Why would Fulham want him?

My brother said he really want Stoke to sign him, has he been linked or just wishful thinking!?

I said a few pages back he'd be perfect for Stoke and would get 6-8 a season upto the age of 34-35 for them just off the scraps in the box from set-pieces. Though I guess when Delap's finished that might dry up.