Kevin Nolan

Taylor Swift

How does selling the Premier League's top scoring midfielder show ambition?

Keep your best players, get rid of your poor ones. If Cabaye, who is obviously a cast iron certainty to be better in this league, is out, who replaces him? Ryan Taylor again then? Real strength in depth.

This.

Can't believe we're making the same mistakes year by year.

Look at 2007 - we sold Parker who was one of our best players and captain and got Barton.

Many said this would be good deal, but it would have been much better to have had both around.

We also signed Geremi & *cough* Smith.

All about Nolan's greed again I see. :rolleyes:

Nothing to do with the club accepting an offer for yet another key player and by doing so making it clear he's not wanted.

Nolan's greed, Carroll's greed, Enrique's greed, Keegan's greed. In January it will be Ben Arfa or Tiote's greed no doubt.

It's obvious the club want to get all the high earners off the books.

We want to sell Nolan, Barton and Smith this summer to get their wage-bill down. If we can't then we'll let their contracts run down.

Enrique the same because we don't want to lose him for nothing.

Hmm, torn on this one. If you asked me to list who our best players were last season I'd have said, in no particular order:

Coloccini

Enrique

Nolan

Barton

Carroll

Caroll's gone, Enrique's widely believed to be going, Barton's been told he's not getting a new contract and now this news about Nolan.

OK, we've signed Cabaye. But we've got a fucking lot more work to do in the next 2 months if we're to come out of this transfer window ahead of where we went into it, and given that we've got £35m in our pockets we're not looking to be making it easy for ourselves.

As much as I like him, he has already been replaced by (from all accounts) a much better player. If we can get the fee to near what we paid for Cabaye it's not bad business.

It's f***ing s*** business. Our squad has been too small for the last 6 years or so.

We should finally get new players in instead of only 'one-in-on-out'.

Maybe wait a few months before judging the whole transfer window?

f***ing pig sick of NUFC. Being run for the benefit of one man's ego. f***ing rotten to the core.

Its the veil of secrecy I do not like. People are never sure about whats going on.......

What's been secret? Nolan rejected a new contract here, West Ham have been interested a week or so, he's gone (going).

f***ing pig sick of NUFC. Being run for the benefit of one man's ego. f***ing rotten to the core.

Its the veil of secrecy I do not like. People are never sure about whats going on.......

Unless it suits them. See Enrique plastered all over the papers this week.

As much as I like him, he has already been replaced by (from all accounts) a much better player. If we can get the fee to near what we paid for Cabaye it's not bad business.

It's f***ing s*** business. Our squad has been too small for the last 6 years or so.

We should finally get new players in instead of only 'one-in-on-out'.

Maybe wait a few months before judging the whole transfer window?

Sensible.

I think when the dust settles, and we see our new team, it will be the right decision on the pitch. It's always going to be a tough one off it.

Whoever we sign, I'd rather keep Nolan around the place. Even as club captain and a sub when we need to nick a goal, he's worth another season here.

I guess we're worried about letting contracts run down and losing a player's resale value.

Not happy at this at all.

Pardew moaning all season that our squad was paper thin... Can't see the point of this if we haven't got a couple of new midfielders coming in. Huge risk aswell, selling our captain and top scorer. How will this affect the Barton situation you have to ask...