Kevin Nolan

Taylor Swift

Whilst I generally think the criticism of Nolan is OTT, it's staggering to think he's played every minute of the last two home games despite anonymous showings.

For me Routlege plays well when he has a rediculas ammount of space to run into, if the games compact (like it was yesterday, to extreme ammounts like) he just doesn't seem to want to run at people.

Routledge was set free into space on a few occasions against Everton in the second half, every time he ran TOWARDS the defender (usually the last man) and ended up holding the ball up or passing ti backwards.

Thought he was supposed to be blessed with pace and trickery?

People overreact so much to losses. Its embarassing.

Routledge isnt suddenly a bad player who is scared of running at players man. He got several crosses in & ran past many a man.

Your expectations are far to high. Defenders do have some say in the game also, teams can actually defend quite well. Our wingers not beating their man every single time they touch the ball isnt a disasterous mark on their ability, its normal. Nani doesnt beat 3 players and then whip in an inch perfect cross to the single Man U player in the box v 4 defenders.

Routledge isnt suddenly a bad player who is scared of running at players man. He got several crosses in & ran past many a man.

Your expectations are far to high. Defenders do have some say in the game also, teams can actually defend quite well. Our wingers not beating their man every single time they touch the ball isnt a disasterous mark on their ability, its normal. Nani doesnt beat 3 players and then whip in an inch perfect cross to the single Man U player in the box v 4 defenders.

http://oi53.tinypic.com/slguhi.jpg

And that somehow argues with anything im saying how ?

I said your expectations are to high. Stoke defended well & we had to little in the box to aim for. Routledge isnt of the standard to pick out a single man often surrounded by 3 in the box.  Not that many players are. Its down to Routledge to drift crosses in & our lads to get into dangerous positions. We didnt.

Shoving up a stat about successful crosses doesnt prove he did much wrong, its useless.

And that somehow argues with anything im saying how ?

I said your expectations are to high. Stoke defended well & we had to little in the box to aim for. Routledge isnt of the standard to pick out a single man often surrounded by 3 in the box.  Not that many players are. Its down to Routledge to drift crosses in & our lads to get into dangerous positions. We didnt.

Shoving up a stat about successful crosses doesnt prove he did much wrong, its useless.

My expectations must be too high aswell because Id expect a winger to at least put one successful cross into the box in 90 mins