Kevin Nolan

Taylor Swift

Routledge hasn't really been good enough but he offers something other players can't which is pace and the ability to carry the ball forward and get us into dangerous positions or win free kicks and corners. He's in the team because of a lack of wingers at the club.

Nolan on the other hand, he's not a bad footballer, does the simple things well and knows his limitations, he gets into good positions and can finish. In a team that is all over the opposition he will get goals but in a dogfight you have to question what he brings to the table that can justify his inclusion. He gets outmuscled as a forward and can't beat a man, and gets outran in midfield. I think he'd be a good squad player to have for his versatility and the fact he can play but he doesn't really do enough to make any position his own. We simply need the movement up front and the industry in midfield too much. And the fact we have to shuffle the formation to fit him in takes the p*ss a bit.

He is the captain and that suggests he is seen as an important first teamer which is going to give us problems. We're showing teams like Blackpool and Stoke too much respect and we got 0 pts from those games. We have got to go at these teams at home with Routledge and Gutierrez on the wings and the little and large up front with Ben Arfa and Carroll.

We will never move on if he isn't dropped at least once to see how we get on without him.

Just Hughton would man the F*** up and bench him.

Yep I really wish he would and I hope he does it soon.

If we're hammering players offering nothing to the side at the moment, it's time to invite Wayne Routledge along to the headmasters officer for a caning.

The lads offered bog all, all season so far.

I agree and have been saying it for a while now, he has no end product and I don't know how Jonas gets more stick.

This.

Problem is there are too many excuses for keeping Nolan in the team. Against good or physical teams he provides "and extra body in midfield", against poor teams he "might pop up with a goal". He's also central to the new team spirit, apparently.

He needs to be dropped ASAP IMO, but it's a difficult decision for any manager.

learly

Yeah, we believe you. N'zogbia and him also shared a love in, evidently.

:lol: clearly

The fact is he often beats his man to the byline but has absolutely no left foot what-so-ever, and considering he cannot or doesn't shoot this renders him pretty useless as a left winger.

What exactly makes you think he would be any worse on the right?

Guest Roger Kint

Jonas is not a left winger at all, he's a right winger who was shunted out left because he and Enrique have some sort of love in.

Utter tripe!

Routledge's been a big let down as he did very well last season but seems to have no confidence in the PL to take his man on. He seems to be hiding a bit at the moment.

Maybe that's why he's been to so many clubs and they've all given up on him - the PL ones anyway..

You cannot afford luxury players in the PL unless you have a really good side.

Problem is there are too many excuses for keeping Nolan in the team. Against good or physical teams he provides "and extra body in midfield", against poor teams he "might pop up with a goal". He's also central to the new team spirit, apparently.

He needs to be dropped ASAP IMO, but it's a difficult decision for any manager.

It wasn't a problem for Bolton - they let him go...to us..!

Guest Roger Kint

Jonas is not a left winger at all, he's a right winger who was shunted out left because he and Enrique have some sort of love in.

Utter tripe!

I've already acknowleged with a :lol: that I got that bit wrong, settle down dear.

Dear? Your smiley looks more like a dig at Ronaldo than a acknowledgement of another stupid statement to be honest ;D

Guest neesy111

Nolan to me get's lost to what his actual role is @ home.  He should of been there yesterday to support right next to AC, which he didn't do at all which isolated AC and made it easy for stoke to defend against.  The image of him totally out of breath 60 mins into the game, makes me worried about the state of his fitness.

Home games = Dropped

Away games = Automatic starter

Teams will come and defend like Stoke did today at home, we need Ben Arfa off Carroll allowed to roam and drop into wherever he wants to go to try and unlock a defence. Jonas to come back in on the left, we keep the ball so much better with him in the side, he might not create too much but he's invaluable at home.

Away from home he should come back in as he does drop off quite well and is neat and tidy on the ball, just what we need in away games.

Would agree with this :thup: we do need to be more inventive at home, maybe it would have been more productive having two 'holding midfielders' (Tiote & Smith?) with Routledge, Jonas and Ben Arfa given a free reign to put crosses in for Carrol?

If Hughton's gonna leave his 'matchwinners' on till the 90th minute, he's gonna have to start prioritising them. Carroll and Ben Arfa come above Nolan, all day long.

People whinge about him not being fit enough for 90minutes, but he got onto the end of Jonas' cross in 90th+ minute (granted, he sliced it wide) when several of our players were struggling to get into the box and support the strikers.

Carroll didn't really do a great deal, whether it was down to a lack of service (Routledge and BenArfa had quiet games) or not having one of his better days against a physical Stoke team, I'm not sure.

Perhaps Hughton knew that Ben Arfa was struggling with a knock? Hadn't done well in training? Not sure, but the majority of our team could have been brought off in the second half - we did bugger all.

We will never move on if he isn't dropped at least once to see how we get on without him.

Just Hughton would man the F*** up and bench him.

Thankfully, I trust Hughton's judgment more than other supporters' views, if only because he has access to far more relevant information than we do. Maybe the Carling Cup will be used as a way to try different players in his position without affecting team morale/premiership survival?

The people wishing injury on one of our own players, fucking hell :facepalm:

Would be nice if he'd get injured for a month or so.

:facepalm:

:kasper:

Was a wee bit tongue in cheek. :lol:

That said, I would love to see us without him in the team. He truly is a passenger out there IMO, I just don't rate him at all. Even if the whole playing Ben Arfa in the hole thing turns out to be a spectacular failure, I really don't see any way that Shola won't be at least as good as Nolan is up there alongside Carroll.

Would be nice if he'd get injured for a month or so.

:facepalm:

:kasper:

Was a wee bit tongue in cheek. :lol:

That said, I would love to see us without him in the team. He truly is a passenger out there IMO, I just don't rate him at all. Even if the whole playing Ben Arfa in the hole thing turns out to be a spectacular failure, I really don't see any way that Shola won't be at least as good as Nolan is up there alongside Carroll.

To be fair, we've tried that as well as Shola with another 'big striker' and it's just a duplication of efforts..both players run into the same spots and it doesn't work.

Utter tripe!

I've already acknowleged with a :lol: that I got that bit wrong, settle down dear.

Dear? Your smiley looks more like a dig at Ronaldo than a acknowledgement of another stupid statement to be honest ;D

:shifty: