Kevin Nolan

Taylor Swift

I really thought against stoke he slowed our game right down every time he got the ball. There were a couple of times I remember specifically we were on the break in the 2nd half, he got the ball, turned around on the spot, looked around some more, then passed it once about 4-5 stoke players got back in position. Very frustrating

Also nearly 14 stone!? Hes not that tall either, deffo overweight for a footballer in his position

EDIT: Wikipedia confirmed hes just 6ft. Did a BMI check and what a surprise "You are in the overweight range."

I know often for sportsmen BMI is meaningless but I don't believe someone playing off a forward should be classed as overweight

Likes Floritas's, Nicky Butt is good crack, Lil Wayne has a lot to say. Like Roy Keane's book. Likes John Daly's book after Harper told him to read it. Bought a 14ft trampoline for his daughter, she has taught hi bum tucks & he says " I'm getting even fitter on that".

The above was from Sky Sports Magazine.

To be fair, Nolan is not good enough to warrent a start. He may be a good influence in the dressing room, but on the pitch he is just to slow.

Play him in midfield and we get overrun because he simply can't keep pace with other players. And play him in "the hole" as he has been, and as we've seen the game just passes him by. Not quick enough to get back and help the midfield and not quick enough to support Carroll.

We HAVE to play Ben Arfa in Nolans postition. Bring Nolan on with 15mins left, when the rest of the players are tired and at his pace.

To be fair, Nolan is not good enough to warrent a start. He may be a good influence in the dressing room, but on the pitch he is just to slow.

Play him in midfield and we get overrun because he simply can't keep pace with other players. And play him in "the hole" as he has been, and as we've seen the game just passes him by. Not quick enough to get back and help the midfield and not quick enough to support Carroll.

We HAVE to play Ben Arfa in Nolans postition. Bring Nolan on with 15mins left, when the rest of the players are tired and at his pace.

it seems so obvious doesnt it? wish it was to the coaching staff.

it seems so obvious doesnt it? wish it was to the coaching staff.

which must make you think that we're all missing something...

he's not that slow, he's average paced, the problem is with his movement with him not being a natural forward the movement is not instinctive. also he hasn't been helped by the lack of support from the middle (has barton made a move off the ball to get alongside or beyond the forwards yet this season ? has routledge attempted to find that gap between cantre half and full back ?)).

And that somehow argues with anything im saying how ?

well for one it shows that he didnt put one good cross in during 90 mins of football. it's pretty damning evidence imo. especially playing at home.

Or it could also show that no one was getting in the box on the end of perfectly good crosses.

he's not that slow, he's average paced, the problem is with his movement with him not being a natural forward the movement is not instinctive. also he hasn't been helped by the lack of support from the middle (has barton made a move off the ball to get alongside or beyond the forwards yet this season ? has routledge attempted to find that gap between cantre half and full back ?)).

He has average pace and stamina... for a Sunday league player possibly. Barton has made runs every now and then, but that isn't really what he's meant to be doing, given that he's more of a deep-lying playmaker than a box-to-box midfielder. In any case, why should the team be set up to accommodate Kevin fucking Nolan?

Guest Roger Kint

Theres certainly some truth to that. Trying to find Carroll when hes surrounded by 3, 4 or more defenders/goalkeeper isnt easy, unless he pulls it back 40 yards for Nolan to arrive..........

well for one it shows that he didnt put one good cross in during 90 mins of football. it's pretty damning evidence imo. especially playing at home.

Or it could also show that no one was getting in the box on the end of perfectly good crosses.

possibly, am i reading that chart incorrectly? does it mean that he put 0 successful crosses in? or that he put 0 crosses in?

ahh fuck it, we need to be better up front.

possibly, am i reading that chart incorrectly? does it mean that he put 0 successful crosses in? or that he put 0 crosses in?

Not that I'm a fan of Routledge's crossing but can remember at least one which went across the goal invitingly and no one was anywhere near. If we assume that Carroll was heavily marked then I would say that Nolan, the two wide players and Barton should be the ones arriving in the box to give support. I don't think that was the case very often was it?

Not that I'm a fan of Routledge's crossing but can remember at least one which went across the goal invitingly and no one was anywhere near. If we assume that Carroll was heavily marked then I would say that Nolan, the two wide players and Barton should be the ones arriving in the box to give support. I don't think that was the case very often was it?

i cant remember us creating any chances at all, i remember a lot of useless, high lofted balls into the area. ben arfa for one looked like he had the shackles on him and i said so during the match, as soon as he ran at them they shit themselves. if we could get him doing that in the middle of the pitch it might make space out wide for routledge and jonas? ffs just drop nolan so we can see if it works.

Barton got beyond everyone to have a one on one with the Blackpool keeper who saved.

Routledge was set free into space on a few occasions against Everton in the second half, every time he ran TOWARDS the defender (usually the last man) and ended up holding the ball up or passing ti backwards.

Thought he was supposed to be blessed with pace and trickery?

Sticking my neck on the line here and making a judgement i might be wrong but dont think he is good enough for this division ,he has had a few games now and failed to impress me even against Villa when they were murdered i still thought he was our poorest player in that performance .

He went through about 3 times against Villa, would have been clean through on the keeper if the balls to him were better. Against Wolves he rounded the keeper & pulled it back, only for it to barely miss both Carroll & Nolan. Blackpool he set up the freekick williamson hit the post on using his pace. Against Everton it was him who took the ball and ran across the defence, gave the ball to Ben arfa & went round the other side to pull a defender away from him. Ben Arfa scored from that. Yesterday Stoke defended very well and he got some decent crosses in, there just wasnt much upfront.

Hes been involved in good chances for us in near every game, we just havent necessarily scored from them. Our wingers are doing fine.

What is also worrying is the fact chris seems incapable of subbing nolan off never mind dropping him.

that was infuriating on sunday more than at any other time.

Not at all, Hughton gave his reasons in the post-match press conference.

What is also worrying is the fact chris seems incapable of subbing nolan off never mind dropping him.

that was infuriating on sunday more than at any other time.

Not at all, Hughton gave his reasons in the post-match press conference.

and none of them were right.