Kevin Nolan

Taylor Swift

And that somehow argues with anything im saying how ?

I said your expectations are to high. Stoke defended well & we had to little in the box to aim for. Routledge isnt of the standard to pick out a single man often surrounded by 3 in the box.  Not that many players are. Its down to Routledge to drift crosses in & our lads to get into dangerous positions. We didnt.

Shoving up a stat about successful crosses doesnt prove he did much wrong, its useless.

My argument has never been that Routlege is shit or that he 'did much wrong', it's been that he offers no more than Jonas does. But Jonas, unlike Routlege, is used as a scapegoat pretty much every game.

And that somehow argues with anything im saying how ?

I said your expectations are to high. Stoke defended well & we had to little in the box to aim for. Routledge isnt of the standard to pick out a single man often surrounded by 3 in the box.  Not that many players are. Its down to Routledge to drift crosses in & our lads to get into dangerous positions. We didnt.

Shoving up a stat about successful crosses doesnt prove he did much wrong, its useless.

My argument has never been that Routlege is s*** or that he 'did much wrong', it's been that he offers no more than Jonas does. But Jonas, unlike Routlege, is used as a scapegoat pretty much every game.

It's all about how it looks. Jonas' crosses are mainly terrible daisy-cutters whereas Routledge's get off the ground.

It's all about how it looks. Jonas' crosses are mainly terrible daisy-cutters whereas Routledge's get off the ground.

Routledge hits the first defender far too often, in fact with most of his crosses.

I know but people don't mention his crosses so much because they actually get off the ground, they just look better than Jonas', even if it still reults in the same end-product.

You should probably check last season's stats. I'd imagine you'll feel a bit daft.

I'd agree with you on this actually.

This season's stats suggest Owen's better than Rooney.

Owen for England tbh.

this seasons stats say he is our second top scorer with a goal every other game ratio......doesn't really tell the whole story though does it.

one good thing is kevin nolan may prove to the stat freeks that stats really count for f*** all.

You should probably check last season's stats. I'd imagine you'll feel a bit daft.

I'd agree with you on this actually.

This season's stats suggest Owen's better than Rooney.

Owen for England tbh.

this seasons stats say he is our second top scorer with a goal every other game ratio......doesn't really tell the whole story though does it.

one good thing is kevin nolan may prove to the stat freeks that stats really count for f*** all.

That's the point I'm making. Jonas' stats are no different whether he's played in the Argentinian League, La Liga, Premier League or Championship so not sure how you can use goals and assists against him, because a lot of worse wingers will have better stats, but contribute not even half as much as he does in terms of running with the ball, relieving pressure, bringing the full-back into play, drawing defenders towards him, etc.

This isnt Routledges first crack at the premiership remember, he has failed to establish himself on several occasions. It shouldnt really come as a surprise that he isnt performing as well as he was in the Championship. The fact that he is older now aswell doesnt really work in his favour either. Having said that, i think its still a bit early to be writing him off of having an impact at this level.

People overreact so much to losses. Its embarassing.

Routledge isnt suddenly a bad player who is scared of running at players man. He got several crosses in & ran past many a man.

Your expectations are far to high. Defenders do have some say in the game also, teams can actually defend quite well. Our wingers not beating their man every single time they touch the ball isnt a disasterous mark on their ability, its normal. Nani doesnt beat 3 players and then whip in an inch perfect cross to the single Man U player in the box v 4 defenders.

http://oi53.tinypic.com/slguhi.jpg

sorry, slightly off topic, but where arethese stats from? Ive been looking for something like this for a little while.

For me Routlege plays well when he has a rediculas ammount of space to run into, if the games compact (like it was yesterday, to extreme ammounts like) he just doesn't seem to want to run at people.

Routledge was set free into space on a few occasions against Everton in the second half, every time he ran TOWARDS the defender (usually the last man) and ended up holding the ball up or passing ti backwards.

Thought he was supposed to be blessed with pace and trickery?

Sticking my neck on the line here and making a judgement i might be wrong but dont think he is good enough for this division ,he has had a few games now and failed to impress me even against Villa when they were murdered i still thought he was our poorest player in that performance .

Guest Stephen927

People overreact so much to losses. Its embarassing.

Routledge isnt suddenly a bad player who is scared of running at players man. He got several crosses in & ran past many a man.

Your expectations are far to high. Defenders do have some say in the game also, teams can actually defend quite well. Our wingers not beating their man every single time they touch the ball isnt a disasterous mark on their ability, its normal. Nani doesnt beat 3 players and then whip in an inch perfect cross to the single Man U player in the box v 4 defenders.

http://oi53.tinypic.com/slguhi.jpg

sorry, slightly off topic, but where arethese stats from? Ive been looking for something like this for a little while.

Sam Allardyce's personal wankbank, by all accounts.

Guest Roger Kint

Nolans chalkboard is pretty bleak for someone supposedly playing off Carroll. 1 meaningful contribution in the entire game inside Stokes final 3rd. Unless you count his last minute miss.......

Guest Roger Kint

Nolan

Interceptions 0

Shots 2 (1pen)

Passes 28 (10 failed)

assists 0

Weight 88kg

How does he start games for us?

Of those passes only 6 were played forward in their half and i am being generous with 2 of them