Kevin Nolan

Taylor Swift

Said it before but the Championship is going to be ridiculous to get out of next year. So many good/decent teams in there in with a chance of promotion.

Agreed. Will be very competitive indeed. Lots of good teams and a number of top managers in there too. Sven, McClaren, etc. I just wonder how far the fat cunt's brand of football is going to get him next season.

We said the Championship was going to be hard to get out of when we went down but we absolutely strolled it. The teams down there haven't got the finishing power of a can of Raid fly spray.

Guest Slarth

Said it before but the Championship is going to be ridiculous to get out of next year. So many good/decent teams in there in with a chance of promotion.

Agreed. Will be very competitive indeed. Lots of good teams and a number of top managers in there too. Sven, McClaren, etc. I just wonder how far the fat c***'s brand of football is going to get him next season.

It's gonna be interesting to watch anyway :)

We said the Championship was going to be hard to get out of when we went down but we absolutely strolled it. The teams down there haven't got the finishing power of a can of Raid fly spray.

That is the biggest difference like, you make a mistake you just don't get punished for it. We gave the ball away more than was healthy but got it back more often than not.

It was more to do with the parity down there tbh. Not too many good teams down there but there are loads of clubs who are fairly evenly matched and in with a chance of promotion if the can string 10 or 15 good results together.

Am I missing something? At £4m I think we have shafted WHU

I think you're missing something, aye, a measly 4m for our club captain. He might as well have bloody stayed or the board give him a longer f***ing contract for that much

We might as well have given him a longer contract, which would be a terrible idea, simply because the fee isn't massive? ???

I don't think a longer contract would have been terrible whatsoever in hindsight, I might have felt differently if we got, say, £8m for him and that £8m was guarenteed to actually buy his replacement. I dont think many on here would argue against that, but for the sake of only 4m he might as well have stayed. Just how I feel about it really. Still.. lets see if any more CM's come in

He wanted 5 years, even if he'd have accepted 4 years are you saying giving him that kind of contract would be a good idea?  He'd still be here on £50k a week when he's 33 which is a terrible idea IMO.  The fee we're receiving doesn't change that.

If it came down to a 2 year extension or him leaving, I would rather he had stayed if that was the sticking point. Depends on the contract itself really, a 2 year extension on what he had wouldn't have been so bad for the financial frantics on here if it was more performance based then the full whack regardless of goals, appearances, etc.

It still would have opened the door to him leaving at this point next year, if this upcoming season he didnt do as well as the last. It's all if's and but's really, guess we wont know how it will affect the team and the points we pick up next season until then. I'm just not too happy so far at the speculation that it was either him or Cabaye, i would rather have seen both and give  :wat: the boot, if saving money is some peoples main priority

Am I missing something? At £4m I think we have shafted WHU

I think you're missing something, aye, a measly 4m for our club captain. He might as well have bloody stayed or the board give him a longer f***ing contract for that much

We might as well have given him a longer contract, which would be a terrible idea, simply because the fee isn't massive? ???

I don't think a longer contract would have been terrible whatsoever in hindsight, I might have felt differently if we got, say, £8m for him and that £8m was guarenteed to actually buy his replacement. I dont think many on here would argue against that, but for the sake of only 4m he might as well have stayed. Just how I feel about it really. Still.. lets see if any more CM's come in

He wanted 5 years, even if he'd have accepted 4 years are you saying giving him that kind of contract would be a good idea?  He'd still be here on £50k a week when he's 33 which is a terrible idea IMO.  The fee we're receiving doesn't change that.

If it came down to a 2 year extension or him leaving, I would rather he had stayed if that was the sticking point. Depends on the contract itself really, a 2 year extension on what he had wouldn't have been so bad for the financial frantics on here if it was more performance based then the full whack regardless of goals, appearances, etc.

It still would have opened the door to him leaving at this point next year, if this upcoming season he didnt do as well as the last. It's all if's and but's really, guess we wont know how it will affect the team and the points we pick up next season until then. I'm just not too happy so far at the speculation that it was either him or Cabaye, i would rather have seen both and give  :wat: the boot, if saving money is some peoples main priority

As fans we have this idealistic way of looking at things but in reality it never works like that. Who would want Smith? And which team in reality would give Nolan a 4 year contract if he's not going to be first choice next season? Nolan had the choice to stay for another two years but chose to leave for more money in a lower league. Cash is a priority whether we like to admit it or not, both for us as a club and Nolan as an individual.

Guest Slarth

Has anyone been on any West Ham forums to see what their opinion is ?

Yeah I've looked at KUMB & they think it's a fantastic signing from them, which I agree with tbh

Yeah I've looked at KUMB & they think it's a fantastic signing from them, which I agree with tbh

This season it is just about the best signing they'll make considering his ability to score goals in that division, plus FSA long ball bypass midfield tactics.

Next season back in the prem however...

probably good business for both teams.

I would say good business from us, a good signing for their team. They've paid way too much and it's a big risk, can they afford for him to be taking £50k a week out in two years' time when he's totally immobile?

We couldn't (and should't) attempt to compete with the deal WH have offered him. It's an insane amount of money to invest in 1 player given their their position. Lunacy.

probably good business for both teams.

Yeh, beginning to think the same.

In trying to make sense of it all had been demonising Ashley in my mind all day as a ruthless bastard, hut perhaps in the end it's just business.

Certainly a great deal for Nolan, Don't blame him, good luck to him.

He did great for us for the last two years, and those two years were really important in our recent history, so can't but wish him well.

This season it is just about the best signing they'll make considering his ability to score goals in that division, plus FSA long ball bypass midfield tactics.

Aye. I'll drink my own piss if they get back up and then Nolan scores 8 goals for them.

Aye. I'll drink my own p*ss if they get back up and then Nolan scores 8 goals for them.

Think you better clarify that statement. If he gets 8 next season and they get promoted, someone - probably me - will nail you to it.

Aye. I'll drink my own piss if they get back up and then Nolan scores 8 goals for them.

Yeah, cause that's still funny..

Guest VegasToon

Actually it is. 

Weyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.