Kevin Nolan

Taylor Swift

I still think the timing is poor, get some other players in, then sell him, Allardyce 'couldn't pass up a player of such quality' at any time, now he's out the door and we HAVE to get replacement(s) in or we're screwed.

As is the case with most departures, it'll depend on who we bring in as a replacement.

I'd have been inclined to keep him around another year and phase him out of the team gradually, but I can see the thinking in selling him while his value is at its highest. With the addition of Cabaye and hopefully Gosling coming back and Barton still on the books for now, we do at least have some depth in midfield even with the departure of Nolan. Meanwhile we have one winger and no strikers, so upgrading those positions at the expense of losing a midfielder does make sense to some degree.

I'll believe it when I see it though, of course.

Guest Roger Kint

The Journal says he was offered a three year deal on 50k per week by us.

That's a fair offer, if true.  One year extension.

The Sun said it was £10k increase, £500k bonus for top 10 finish and 3 year deal  ;D

Guest icemanblue

Think he's actually gone to E13 Inochi.

:lol: Shit.

Aye, Walthamstow doesn't even have a Premier League football club. Maybe why E17 were always so melancholic.

I thought I had all the bases covered, as well. It couldn't have been more appropriate. You ruined it. May the fate of Brian Harvey befall you, you cockney monster.

Whoah there, I'm from NE9.

Well. Today's just not my day, is it? :lol:

The Sun said it was £10k increase, £500k bonus for top 10 finish and 3 year deal  ;D

both could be true then. decent deal aswell.

both could be true then. decent deal aswell.

It is pretty much the same - Journal says 5/10k (can't remember which) increase with bonus based on finishes (not specifically mentioned) and a 3 yr deal

4 mill. is a good deal imo.

Since when?

He's the same as Charlie Adam in my opinion and look at the prices he is supposedly going for.

For someone who is our top scorer, our captain and our first choice central midflieder I'd rather have closer to 8m

sorry but i do not rate nolan so much and i cant see how we could get more for him. He was our leader but didn´t want to sign a new contract + in my world he is far from good enough to start in the only position he can play which is behind the striker.

Should we have kept him without him signing a new contract, taking the captaincy from him and placed him on the bench....not sure that would be good for morale or the squad spirit.

Well i dont have the answer but i think we all ready have a good replacement in cabaye and im sure more will follow. I believe we will see a much improved midfield this season...im more worried about our attack!

From the Journal...

The £2.86million-a-year contract is an improvement on the three-year deal offered by Newcastle, which would have kept him at United until he was 32.

That incentivised deal would have seen his wages of £40,000 bumped up to £50,000 a week (£2.6million a year), with additional rewards for the club finishing in the top ten.

That seems a decent deal.  Is Nolan being too greedy?

From the Journal...

The £2.86million-a-year contract is an improvement on the three-year deal offered by Newcastle, which would have kept him at United until he was 32.

That incentivised deal would have seen his wages of £40,000 bumped up to £50,000 a week (£2.6million a year), with additional rewards for the club finishing in the top ten.

That seems a decent deal.  Is Nolan being too greedy?

i think he's looking our for his family as much as wanting first team football, caulkin mentioned him wanting security in terms of sending the kids to school and staying settled in an area. if this is the case it would make sense that he's pushed for a new contract now.

From the Journal...

i think he's looking our for his family as much as wanting first team football, caulkin mentioned him wanting security in terms of sending the kids to school and staying settled in an area. if this is the case it would make sense that he's pushed for a new contract now.

if that were all true does anyone think the club are in the wrong now ?

From the Journal...

can't really offer an opinion until i see the state of our squad on the first day of the season

From the Journal...

no. he could easily end up like smith. we also have løvenkrands which im sure pardew wouldn´t mind left. I think a 3 year from the club is more than fair!

Insane offer from West Ham.  We can't match it.  Let go then.

We can, but we won't.

50k for 5 years, with 500k bonus for finishing top 10, are you serious?

We can, but we won't.

I'm not saying we should've, its just that we can offer much more than that if we want to, dosn't think Nolan went there for the money as much as its about the greedy cunts we got running the club tbh. they'll sell their  mothers if they think their going to make a profit out of them.

Btw, despite his typically embittered (understandable) response, there's got to be a case for reverting Messi back to his original name if Nolan does officially leave tomorrow? Ending the spell, as it were.

Missi - just has to be really.  :lol:

We can, but we won't.

I'm not saying we should've, its just that we can offer much more than that if we want to, dosn't think Nolan went there for the money as much as its about the greedy c***s we got running the club tbh. they'll sell their  mothers if they think their going to make a profit out of them.

can't see how they are greedy when currently over 200million out of pocket and little sign of getting it back.