Kevin Nolan

Taylor Swift

Well at the end of the day if he's on £55,000 a week for 5 years they're bigger mugs than I thought. So does anyone on here think we should have matched that? Is anyone still pissed off that we've sold him? I can't see how anyone can argue with his sale with the financial details that are being mentioned.

Got to admit, I like the guy, but I find it slightly hypocritical he was happy to say he only had a couple of years left and will need transitioning out soon but then went on to demand a 5 year contract.

It's why this transfer surprised me so much. Didn't see him jumping just because he couldn't instantly get an improved contract. Fair play to him, he got what he wanted. Not going to begrudge either side here. As others have said, good luck and I hope he does well. Just not too well.

Oh, and West Ham continue to prove exactly why I class their 'management' team as the biggest set of clueless clods in football. Including Ashley and Lamby.

Well at the end of the day if he's on £55,000 a week for 5 years they're bigger mugs than I thought. So does anyone on here think we should have matched that? Is anyone still p*ssed off that we've sold him? I can't see how anyone can argue with his sale with the financial details that are being mentioned.

I'm not pissed at all. While Nolan has been a wonderful servant for this club and I still can't deny I'm quite pleased with the sale. Nolan scored 12 goals and was massive for us but it feels like someone at the club agrees that he's a player who would have kept us in  the PL every year but we wouldn't push for a top 8 place. This year has been very weird and I doubt we'd been 3 minutes from top 10 had it not been so ridiculously incosistent.

I wish him all the best, and think he will be great there. Happy we got a pretty good amount for a 29 year old who would most probably have walked on a free in two years time and who doesn't contribute as much as many people on here think he does in footballing terms.

Really, Gold Sullivan and Brady must be the most idiotic set of higher ups in the english game. Putting in Ba's and Hitzelbegers contracts that they can go for free if they go down is borderline insane and now a 5 year deal on hefty wages for Nolan, they are truly fucked if they don't go straight back up

Really, Gold Sullivan and Brady must be the most idiotic set of higher ups in the english game. Putting in Ba's and Hitzelbegers contracts that they can go for free if they go down is borderline insane and now a 5 year deal on hefty wages for Nolan, they are truly fucked if they don't go straight back up

Let's hope so :thup:

Still not sure what to make out of this one, really we'll only be able to judge this transaction when the summer recruitment is complete and we start playing a few games. We'll miss his goalscoring ability, replacing those goals he gets from midfield will not be easy. But at the same time, if he wasn't scoring then what was he offering to the team ? This deal also frees up wages that can be used on new recruits as well as putting a little money back into the coffers.

I'm leaning towards this being a good move based on a blind hope that we have a lot of irons in the fire that for once don't end up staying there.

Anyway to Nolan, thanks for everything you have done for this club over the past 2 years, your influence around the place will be sorely missed, it's a shame in many ways he went to a club like west ham otherwise I would wish him all the success in the world.

I'm just slightly sad that Kevin Nolan has left our football club.  :lol: Really liked him and hope he does well at West Ham. Although many on here don't rate his ability that high, it shouldn't be forgotten what he's done for us. Been a great leader and pulled the club out the shit when we've needed him. I shall never forget the day he took it upon himself to rape the fucking shit out of SAFC. Hope he gets a good reception whenever he's back at SJP.  

I'm just slightly sad that Kevin Nolan has left our football club.  :lol: Really liked him and hope he does well at West Ham. Although many on here don't rate his ability that high, it shouldn't be forgotten what he's done for us. Been a great leader and pulled the club out the shit when we've needed him. I shall never forget the day he took it upon himself to rape the fucking shit out of SAFC. Hope he gets a good reception whenever he's back at SJP.  

This. Love the bloke to bits, but have no problem whatsoever with the club over his sale. :thup:

5 year contract. Bet he's on about £40k a week as well.

Fucking idiots.

More than that, if you trust the local journos. 55k I think one said?

50-60k depending on who you choose to believe, hell i've heard up to 70k including bonuses

Will it be halved while in the Championship?

Why would he accept that contract when he would have been on more than that at NUFC and West Ham can't gauruntee him they'll get promoted. If he signed a contract on half money in the Championship he could be on less than £30,000 a week for his whole contract. He'll be on the full whack.

Guest ykmkmdd

From today's mediawatch on F365:

The Evolving Loyalty Of Newcastle Captain Kevin Nolan

March 12: "I'm just delighted I'm able to play here week-in, week-out and hopefully I'll be able to do it for a few years...The main thing is to make sure I leave this club and they're saying, 'Thanks very much for your service'. If there's 50,000 fans saying, 'Thanks very much' and saying it again when I come back, that's what I want."

April 28: "Negotiations [on a new contract] are at an advanced stage. Most things have been agreed and I would think I will sign next week or the week after...We need to keep important players and sign more, which is what the gaffer intends to do. I am desperate to bring success to St James' Park...We know we can bring back the good days and go one better by winning a trophy. That is my dream, for it to happen in my time."

May 22: "I don't want to stop here. I want to go on over the next three, four or five years. Being one of the players who has helped get this club back where it belongs, and hoping to take it further, really pleases me."

June 1: "To be captain of this club, it really feels a great honour. It's fantastic and I am absolutely delighted. When my daughter walks round telling everyone I am captain of Newcastle, that's when you realise it affects a lot of people. Genuinely from the bottom of my heart, I love doing the captaincy bit and I love playing for this club."

June 7: Nolan rejects the club's contract offer.

June 15: Nolan travels to West Ham for a medical.