Kevin Nolan

Taylor Swift

Guest neesy111

His goals dried up once Carroll left

Still averaged more than Shola and Best this season mind.

Shola averaged about a goal a game in the championship didn't he?...

1 in 2.

Ok, pretty sure it was a goal a game in starts. Either way comparing Nolan's goalscoring record in the championship to players in the Premiership doesn't really work. Jason Scotland scored a shedload down there and scored 1 in 32 appearances in the Premiership.

I was comparing Nolan's last season for us to Best and Shola this season. :lol:

1 in 2.

Ok, pretty sure it was a goal a game in starts. Either way comparing Nolan's goalscoring record in the championship to players in the Premiership doesn't really work. Jason Scotland scored a shedload down there and scored 1 in 32 appearances in the Premiership.

Apologies :lol:

Guest neesy111

1 in 2.

Apologies :lol:

Was my fault :lol:

Guest neesy111

Nolan was absolute crap just off a lone striker. I can't believe anybody wouldn't be anything other than happy that he is no longer here, the bloke looks out of his depth in the Championship - AGAIN.

We wouldn't had went up without his goals tbh.

Guest Howaythetoon

Nolan was absolute crap just off a lone striker. I can't believe anybody wouldn't be anything other than happy that he is no longer here, the bloke looks out of his depth in the Championship - AGAIN.

Or stayed up!

Guest neesy111

Or stayed up!

Aye.  Say what you like about the bloke but he scored goals and some very important goals as well.

Guest neesy111

So people would have liked him to stay, right? As a 60k a week 'body to throw on at certain times' who I suppose also still held the captaincy?

Sounds plausible.

He would had played a lot less this season anycase with Cabaye coming in anycase, but he would be more useful than Dan Gosling has been this season.

Also his contribution over the last 2 years helped us to get us into the position we are in now both on and off the pitch.

I think he'd have been a fairly regular starter and relatively useful in this set up. Playing alongside Cabaye as well as Tiote would have let us utilise Nolan's best attributes.

But like i've said, not fussed that he has gone. Just don't think he deserves some of the slagging off that he gets from this place at times. One of the key reasons we are where we are now (and by that i mean, the top half of the Premier League).

So people would have liked him to stay, right? As a 60k a week 'body to throw on at certain times' who I suppose also still held the captaincy?

Sounds plausible.

He would had played a lot less this season anycase with Cabaye coming in anycase, but he would be more useful than Dan Gosling has been this season.

Also his contribution over the last 2 years helped us to get us into the position we are in now both on and off the pitch.

So 60 a week for a squad player? Football doesn't work like that, man. You can't collect footballers like a Panini sticker album.

Getting rid of him and in turn moving the captaincy has been absolutely the right decision.

Guest neesy111

Sounds plausible.

So 60 a week for a squad player? Football doesn't work like that, man. You can't collect footballers like a Panini sticker album.

Getting rid of him and in turn moving the captaincy has been absolutely the right decision.

He wasn't on 60k a week here ffs.  He got a payrise for moving to West Ham.

I don't think anyone is arguing that selling him when we did was a good decision Sewelly, just saying that we weren't all desperate to run him out of town as you were.

I actually said at the time I'd have liked to keep him around to make the bedding in period easier, but in hindsight I really don't think it would have been possible. It's another case of begrudgingly saying the club was right, which I find myself doing fairly frequently recently.

Pretty sure that's the contract he was demanding.

FWIW, it was the length of contract that the club disagreed with. They only thought he had 2 seasons of top flight football left, he wanted to be paid for overperforming his earlier contract in the previous season.

Like I said, it worked out well for all parties, no need to bang on about him now that he's gone and we've moved on.

Guest neesy111

You don't have to sell players who want a new contract.  It's called running down a contract.

Guest neesy111

FWIW, it was the length of contract that the club disagreed with. They only thought he had 2 seasons of top flight football left, he wanted to be paid for overperforming his earlier contract in the previous season.

Like I said, it worked out well for all parties, no need to bang on about him now that he's gone and we've moved on.

He wasn't over-performing mind.  He was just about justifying his pay packet.

You don't have to sell players who want a new contract.  It's called running down a contract.

Might as well get a fee for them instead of letting them go for free

Plus once it was known West Ham were prepared to pay daft money he would not have wanted to stick around

He moved because he didn't get the new contract man! His agent is the same as Allardyce's, you're trying to tell me he didn't know what he had to fall back on at West Ham when he was in negotiations?

Guest neesy111

Might as well get a fee for them instead of letting them go for free

Plus once it was known West Ham were prepared to pay daft money he would not have wanted to stick around

Well he showed his true intentions when he decided to drop down a division.

Pretty sure Nolan was on 35k. He was invaluable to us in the circumstances, so i wish him all the best for the future. Also think he's very important for where West Ham are at the moment, so it's a bit rich of their fans to slate him. He has well known limitations but also well known qualities, if you build a side to deal with that he'll be a big asset in terms of getting promoted which is what they need right now.