Kevin Nolan

Taylor Swift

Krul, Cabaye, Tiote & Barfa are better than Harper, Barton, Smith and Nolan.  They are all history now.  Good CCC players, not good enough to challenge for Europe.  Thanks and bye.

Staggering that you would include Barton in that list.

Not as much when you consider the poster.

At least theres another set of fans that know the truth about Nolan. Listening to the media you'd think we'd lost Xavi. I'm still staggered that some of them think we're worse than last season and are going to struggle. Love him for the hat-trick but it was the best time to sell.

I was told by someone that Nolan sat down with Ashley at Christmas and said that he loved the club lots and lots and was willing to play the rest of his career here for free. My ITK made this up too.

• 4 months later...
Re: Captain Kevin Nolan

Postby red iron on Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:09 am

God I hate Nolan. I think he's a vile man and I'm ashamed that he's our captain.

from KUMB, theres a bit of a Nolan hate group over there.

I don't think we'd be any worse off this season if Nolan was still at the club. You can talk about the likes of Cabaye being his replacement, but it's moreso Ba.

Agree. Especially as there's been many games when one of Tiote or Cabaye have been out or we had to play with Ba as a lone striker. Nolan behind Ba could have worked.

Think it's been the right thing to sell him, looking at the longer term, though.

I don't think we'd be any worse off this season if Nolan was still at the club. You can talk about the likes of Cabaye being his replacement, but it's moreso Ba.

Agree. Especially as there's been many games when one of Tiote or Cabaye have been out or we had to play with Ba as a lone striker. Nolan behind Ba could have worked.

Think it's been the right thing to sell him, looking at the longer term, though.

In the same way that Nolan was looking to cash in on his best ever season, the club did the best thing by cashing in on him at his peak. He'll still get into double figures for West Ham this season and help them back into the Premiership.

We've used his squad place for another couple of players, good deals all around.

In the same way that Nolan was looking to cash in on his best ever season, the club did the best thing by cashing in on him at his peak. He'll still get into double figures for West Ham this season and help them back into the Premiership.

We've used his squad place for another couple of players, good deals all around.

Absolutely. I was concerned when he left, mainly because i valued his place at the club as Captain more than anything else - and didn't think anyone would adequately step in. And whilst i said we'd be doing as well if he were still here, it's been a positive move for all parties, like you say.