Everton v Newcastle United - Sat 18th September (3pm)

Skeletor

Also I think a lot of people were putting him in the starting XI because... he told the Ronnie Gill he would be in the starting XI. That seems reasonable to me.

Got a link to that? I couldn't find anything earlier.

The article says this at the bottom:

Tiote is poised to start the clash with Everton alongside Hatem Ben Arfa at Goodison Park on Saturday.

Apology accepted.

Also I think a lot of people were putting him in the starting XI because... he told the Ronnie Gill he would be in the starting XI. That seems reasonable to me.

Tiote is poised to start the clash with Everton alongside Hatem Ben Arfa at Goodison Park on Saturday.

Apology accepted.

:lol:

Very funny.

So you think Lee Ryder was just speculating like many on then forum then?

Apology accepted.

:lol:

Very funny.

So you think Lee Ryder was just speculating like many on then forum then?

Yes.

Considering Ryder today wrote:

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2010/09/16/newcastle-camp-calm-despite-places-battle-72703-27279800/

Hughton was keeping his cards close to his chest today ahead of the trip to Everton and must decide whether to stick with the team that started against Blackpool or introduce Hatem Ben Arfa or Cheik Tiote from the start

And also for reference:

Hughton did hint that Ben Arfa may be eased in gently again at Goodison.

Yes. It would have been quoted and all over the news sites if he'd said Tiote was starting, man.

Considering Ryder today wrote:

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2010/09/16/newcastle-camp-calm-despite-places-battle-72703-27279800/

Hughton was keeping his cards close to his chest today ahead of the trip to Everton and must decide whether to stick with the team that started against Blackpool or introduce Hatem Ben Arfa or Cheik Tiote from the start

And also for reference:

Hughton did hint that Ben Arfa may be eased in gently again at Goodison.

Yes. It would have been quoted and all over the news sites if he'd said Tiote was starting, man.

Foooooook... whatever happened to trial by fire man.

:weep:

:dontknow:

Says the person who's seen equally f*** all of two new players but can put them both in front of Guthrie who doesn't even play the same position.

i've seen enough of gosling to know i'd put him instead of guthrie, i've seen enough of barton,ben arfa,jonas,routledge to take the risk of leaving guthrie out for tiote.

i dont rate the lad so i'll take the word of others on tiote.

edit..."doesn't play the same position"....i'll bet they will all be vying for one of two central midfield roles with the emphasis being on box to box as opposed to moderatly creative floater who doesn't defend or get forward.

Gosling primarily played on the right for Everton, I guess you know that having seen quite a bit of him. Is he any good in the centre?

Says the person who's seen equally f*** all of two new players but can put them both in front of Guthrie who doesn't even play the same position.

i've seen enough of gosling to know i'd put him instead of guthrie, i've seen enough of barton,ben arfa,jonas,routledge to take the risk of leaving guthrie out for tiote.

edit..."doesn't play the same position"....i'll bet they will all be vying for one of two central midfield roles with the emphasis being on box to box as opposed to moderatly creative floater who doesn't defend or get forward.

Gosling primarily played on the right for Everton, I guess you know that having seen quite a bit of him. Is he any good in the centre?

primarily but not all the time, even when he played on the right he wasn't like a winger. a bit like when a certain alan smith played on the right at leeds or guthrie when playing wide here.

chase me up on this in the future, gosling when he plays for us will play primarily in the middle.

He said as much when he signed. I just don't know how you're so sure he's better than Guthrie there when you question others assuming Tiote is a better bet than Smith.

i'm not so sure but i've seen enough of guthrie and smith to be willing to take the risk.

err when did i question anyone for assuming tiote is better than smith ? i'd take it as a given myself.

Some of the posts in this thread remind me a lot of before Derby away last season mind where Hughton picked pretty much the eleven every single fan wanted picked and we got hammered.

was stu trying to get a team out then aswell ?

(but i agree aswell)

Just get the feeling we'll see exactly what the majority want (Ben Arfa off Carroll, Tiote in, etc) and we'll still get thrashed.

doesn't mean its not the best line up (hopefully similar to the derby line up last season which for all it didnt work that day was later seen to be right)

primarily but not all the time, even when he played on the right he wasn't like a winger. a bit like when a certain alan smith played on the right at leeds or guthrie when playing wide here.

chase me up on this in the future, gosling when he plays for us will play primarily in the middle.

I can't recall Gosling playing in centre mid for us ever.  When he played it was mainly wide right and he pretty much stuck to the wing.  Moyes isn't keen on players wandering where they feel like.

I'll be amazed if he doesn't make changes after a 2-0 home defeat to Blackpool.

I'd like to see Ben Arfa off Carroll in a 4-4-2, but I think he might leave Ben Arfa til the second half and pack the midfield with a view to grinding a draw or nicking a 1-0 win.

It's a toughie because Everton have quality in midfield which will tempt Hughton to put an extra man in there but I think we need to give them something to worry about up front or we will be under pressure all game.

Some of the posts in this thread remind me a lot of before Derby away last season mind where Hughton picked pretty much the eleven every single fan wanted picked and we got hammered.

Hughton picked the right team that day and the result was a total fluke, they scored with every shot. We played better against them than we had against Swansea.