Jonás Gutiérrez (now managing Club Almagro)

Crumpy Gunt

Guest bimpy474

So it's taken an injury to our non threatening, non creative supposed LW. To maybe get cover/replacement in a week or so before the window closes.

Plans and lists my arse.

Whatever you think of the guy... He played for the team a week after getting an injury the week before... He clearly shouldn't of played so soon... And there are arguments that he shouldn't be even picked... But it still speaks volumes about the lad's character... And at a time when we've got a player not wanting to play for us it's that kind of character we need more than anything to get us out of this potential mess...

Guest bimpy474

Whatever you think of the guy... He played for the team a week after getting an injury the week before... He clearly shouldn't of played so soon... And there are arguments that he shouldn't be even picked... But it still speaks volumes about the lad's character... And at a time when we've got a player not wanting to play for us it's that kind of character we need more than anything to get us out of this potential mess...

His character and determination have never been in doubt. His ability is though which is a bit of problem as we've seen.

As for playing a week after getting injured, fair play to him but that says more about Pardew not picking a fit Marveaux, or even a fit Sammy instead. Pardew's fault for injury imo.

Whilst what you're saying is fair enough, it's only one side of the coin. The other side is that Jonas, knowing full well he should be dropped (and only one man can't see it), is so desperate to remain in the team that he'll gamble with his own fitness so as to extend his spot in the first team here. In other words he's only looking after himself because he knows his position is precarious, and he's doing everything he can so as to ensure noone else gets a chance in "his" position (or a better, more effective starting eleven forms without him being part of it).

Guest neesy111

You never know, these injuries might force those fuckers to sign some players....

:yao: :yao: :yao: :yao: :yao: :yao: :yao: :yao: :yao: :yao: :yao: :yao: :yao: :yao: :yao: :yao: :yao: :yao: :yao: :yao: :yao: :yao: :yao: :yao: :yao: :yao: :yao: :yao: :yao: :yao: :yao: :yao: :yao: :yao: :yao: :yao: :yao: :yao: :yao: :yao: :yao: :yao: :yao: :yao: :yao: :yao: :yao: :yao: :yao: :yao: :yao: :yao: :yao: :yao: :yao: :yao:

Whilst what you're saying is fair enough, it's only one side of the coin. The other side is that Jonas, knowing full well he should be dropped (and only one man can't see it), is so desperate to remain in the team that he'll gamble with his own fitness so as to extend his spot in the first team here. In other words he's only looking after himself because he knows his position is precarious, and he's doing everything he can so as to ensure noone else gets a chance in "his" position (or a better, more effective starting eleven forms without him being part of it).

Fair play for trying to flip the coin... But of all our players in the squad Jonas appears one of the most selfless... And at worst it shows someone willing to fight for a place in the team... Not arguing against those saying AP shouldn't of picked him... But again thats hardly Jonas's fault...

'He crosses a ball, that's what I like about him.'

Exactly.

Pardew was pretty quick to play down rumours of our interest in Downing when he was available. He obviously didn't like him that much. Or got told to get fucked by Ashley when he heard the price more likely.

Guest bimpy474

The three players Pardew wanted if reported correctly were, Obertan (well done Alan), Bent and Downing. Now while we could have done with the last two because we need numbers, they weren't exactly the players we would really want.

But just look at what players he would choose if given the chance.  :idiot2:

The three players Pardew wanted if reported correctly were, Obertan (well done Alan), Bent and Downing. Now while we could have done with the last two because we need numbers, they weren't exactly the players we would really want.

Ugh...

They would have been better than what we got instead, nothing

Guest bimpy474

Aye, that's why i said that it Jdc. It's just me looking at what he would prefer to bring in if he could.

Aye, that's why i said that it Jdc. It's just me looking at what he would prefer to bring in if he could.

fact is though we probably needed a left sided player, downing is a left sided player and was reasonably priced and we just ignored him (and way more annoyingly ignored Redmond for fucking £2m and Sinclair on loan) and the only reason we ignored all of those is probably because Pardew wants English players

Guest bimpy474

fact is though we probably needed a left sided player, downing is a left sided player and was reasonably priced and we just ignored him (and way more annoyingly ignored Redmond for fucking £2m and Sinclair on loan) and the only reason we ignored all of those is probably because Pardew wants English players

Which is a bit weird as we appeared (which i think it's clear it's now bullshit) to want Thauvin paying the same as the English players. I think we had no intention of signing any of them foreign or not, and we're only reacting now because Jonas is out for a month.

Which is a bit weird as we appeared (which i think it's clear it's now bullshit) to want Thauvin paying the same as the English players. I think we had no intention of signing any of them foreign or not, and we're only reacting now because Jonas is out for a month.

still wouldn't hold my breath over a signing

Guest bimpy474

still wouldn't hold my breath over a signing

True :(

• 1 month later...