Jonás Gutiérrez (now managing Club Almagro)

Crumpy Gunt

My complaint was with the over-egged and tired assertion that Jonas will be played regardless of the signings we make. This assertion often applies to two or three positions, to match the context of the thread. In every fucking thread. It's wrong, boring and absolutely shit patter.

i know you're suggesting that jonas won't play if we sign a winger or whatever but you are aware that he started 34 PL games last year right (zero assists)?  when he was terrible, just terrible for the entire season

as far as i know he's been a mainstay throughout pre-season

pardew loves him, i'm not convinced he even recognises the need to replace him and given a left winger will find another spot for him due to his "workrate"...all evidence points to this really, what's making you think pardew would drop him?  genuine question

The fact most noises regarding signings the club would make concerns two strikers and one left winger, kinda identifying it as a sore position?

heard the striker talk, little else from the gobshite tbh, but not seen so much about him wanting a LW....maybe missed it

i see your point, mine is he's as likely to move jonas elsewhere as drop him outright, did he not have him at fullback last season on a few occasions?

“It wasn’t really the pace I would have wanted with a week to go before the season, but that’s the pace Portuguese teams play at.

“We got a really good workout and we had some bonuses out of the game. The only real disappointment was that Jonas Gutierrez got an injury that we’ll have to assess."

“It wasn’t really the pace I would have wanted with a week to go before the season, but that’s the pace Portuguese teams play at.

“We got a really good workout and we had some bonuses out of the game. The only real disappointment was that Jonas Gutierrez got an injury that we’ll have to assess."

Yeah, that's a massive disappointment.  We're all gutted.

Guest bimpy474

If we start 4-4-2, Jonas starting is dumb as you get, but to start Shola ahead of a hard working Gouffran is even more thick as fuck.

• 2 weeks later...

A shit as he is, Jonas is one of a few players at the club that actually plays with his heart for the club. He was doing well until the injury and I think he would have carried on through the injury, if it was not serious. Much better pro than that sulking French cunt mind

Guest Phil K

He needn't apologise tbf. There's a fair few others that do though.

The rest of the Johnny Foreigners don't care enough to